Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Boundry question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I was just curious.. If for example, a liberty navy fighter meets an outcast in new york, the outcast is not really allowed to be there.. I can understand some minor confusion about the boundries due to a misunderstanding in the ID description, which I also read wrong. It states "May hunt targets in their zone of influence." I assumed this meant as an outcast i was able to persue anybody in their own zone of influence. Fortunately, an admin pointed out my mistake, and i now understand that was to mean "Outcasts can hunt targets in OUTCAST zones of influence." Which brings me to my original question: If I was liberty navy and met an outcast in new york - without trying to rule lawyer I would most likely attempt to RP and ask him to leave, but in the case that he attacked and I died am I still bound to leave the system for 4 hours?
The LN still has to leave the system.

Little bit off topic, but I noticed something...

I think (please correct me if wrong)... That you have a new problem.

Rule 6.9 - IDs override the rules.

Seems that if an someone dies, he/she must get out of the system, however, if the ID says he can hunt within his zone of influence... He can come back to hunt?:unsure:
' Wrote:The LN still has to leave the system.

Little bit off topic, but I noticed something...

I think (please correct me if wrong)... That you have a new problem.

Rule 6.9 - IDs override the rules.

Seems that if an someone dies, he/she must get out of the system, however, if the ID says he can hunt within his zone of influence... He can come back to hunt?:unsure:

Incorrect. Note that 6.9 only applies "in the event of a conflict"- no ID says "may re-engage within the following systems". The "may hunt x, y, and z" clause of an ID is a parameter within which the server rules apply as restrictions- only when the ID says something directly contradictory, such as the exceptions in 6.7 before they were explicitly mentioned within that rule, does 6.9 apply.

Generally, just assume that 6.9 only applies to the rules in section 6.
I can uderstand and agree with not engaging the same enemies again, but what I am confused over is: the outcast's id would not allow him to be in the system, and the navy's id does. If the outcast is met by the navy and asked to leave the system (or asked something in RP) I'm assuming the navy is performing his roll correctly. But the outcast has then been granted a leniency - the outcast has already violated his id just with his presence, yet the navy chose to ignore it. Therefore, if the outcast destroys the navy, should he not grant the same leniency and allow the navy to remain in the system? I know two wrongs don't make a right, I would just leave if I was the navy, it's all in fun.. but I was just curious who would be in the right if it was some extreme case..
The Navy would have to leave yes.

But if the Outcast goes off to Alpha, the Navy can return. Just aslong as the Outcast has left the system.

On the note of Outcasts in Liberty... shouldn't happen. Brings too much attention to the smuggling operations I guess.
Please don't post incorrect information.
Quote:5.7 A player who was killed in a PvP fight must not enter the system where the fight took place with any of the characters on his/her account(s) until four hours have passed from the time of his/her destruction.
If you die in a pvp combat, you cannot return to the system for 4 hours. You can always try asking the enemy players in the fight whether you can return to the system. If they say no, stay out.
' Wrote:Rule 6.9 - IDs override the rules.

Would be the same situation here. After reviewing the outcast id just as an example, at http://www.discoveryfl.com/wiki/index.ph...Outcast_ID and from previous admin input I assumed that an outcast can "engage pirates, terrorists and lawfuls within 'outcast' zones of influence". The ID does not specifically say that an outcast cannot engage elsewhere, but from the previous line I would have make that another assumption. So if that is true, the outcast has broken an ID rule the moment he engages in an area outside his influence. Does this count as a violation of rule 6.9 then? If so, then an enemy the outcast killed that stayed in the system would violate rule 5.7, but he could argue that the outcast was the first to break the rules with the 6.9 violation.
Sorry to be such a pain, just trying to make sure I stay out of these situations ahead of time :)
Quote:. So if that is true, the outcast has broken an ID rule the moment he engages in an area outside his influence.
Then you should report him, not break rules yourself.
Yes, if an Outcast wanders into, say, Omega-15 and starts shooting people that's out of ZoI and reportable. You are correct. However, Liberty is still considered Outcast ZoI (despite the hopes of pretty much everyone who doesn't play an Outcast in Liberty). That said, general PvP rules always apply. Just because you're an Outcast or a member of the Liberty Navy or whatever doesn't mean you have magical resurrection technology- remember, you died after all. 6.9 really needs to be a bit more specific... the intention of the rule is to make it so that FLHook can patch IDs before the server rules have a chance to catch up. Not to encourage people to think that they are immortal simply because they're on home turf.

Bolverk is correct. Just because the other guy broke the rules first does not mean you can break them yourself- be calm, and if you feel strongly about it report him, don't break rules to get even.
Quote:6.9 The individual ID cards may have restrictions and/or allowance that are not covered by these rules. In the event of conflict, the ID's override the rules.

The intent behind 6.9 is to deal with certain situations where, for whatever reason, something comes up due to game play that would result in a sanction report under normal circumstances, but that due to the special circumstances the action or activity is allowed.

For example, the Bounty Hunter Guild Guard ID allows the ship to demand allied pilots. A Mako comes across an A-train in Omega 15 carrying Bounty Hunter pilots. The Mako demands the hunter pilots, and the A-train pilot tells him no. The Mako would then be allowed, under rule 6.9, to turn the A-train into dust, even though that's a violation of rule 6.7, because his ID allows him to demand allied pilots regardless of ship size. (We used to do that to miners and transports out in Delta that found themselves with Nomads on board before the ID was re-written to disallow that.)

But - thereare no real restrictions based on ID's given the scenario you're discussing, so there is no reason to even consider invoking 6.9.

There is also some common sense that needs to be considered here as well. Outcasts and Corsairs have very large zones of influence as well as zones of interest. Be aware of the difference. A Molly might be interested in something going on in Magellan or California, but those areas are outside of their zone on influence, as they're going to stop at Manchester.

Pages: 1 2