Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Cap use question/clarification
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Havent really had any issues but thought Id ask:

OK caps can engage, or chase then engage, traders that violate guard systems (plus Z21/alaska)

How, if at all, does this apply to faction owned systems ?

Specifcily, Baffin.

If you're in TAZ and a trader approaches Bonito (a guard rep'd station) and refuses to pull back.

I'd say no since (as far as I know) Baffin isn't a guard system. I don't know what it says on the guard ID either, since I can't find the thread that had them in.
No. Its not a guard system, therefore you cant. Omicron 74 is a guard system, however, and its theorized it could work there.
Baffin is a guard system as per the rules, one which the TAZ have decided to leave open for use.

They may employ the engagement rules applies to guard systems at their leisure.
' Wrote:Baffin is a guard system as per the rules, one which the TAZ have decided to leave open for use.

They may employ the engagement rules applies to guard systems at their leisure.

In the same way the Zoners of Omicron 74 leave Freeport XV open to use, but don't feel too comfortable with you hanging around their secret research base....

If someone is abusing their systems, expect a dose of rule-legal pain.
Thanks for the clarifications, Admins. Really, the only time a trade ship is engaged by a cruiser in Baffin is if they try docking on Pueblo or they are on the KoS list per the Penterbarf.
Yeah, actualy I wouldnt even engage them for docking on bonito if they actualy RP, rather than ignoring and attempting to cruise off as so many do.

Well, I wouldnt engage them right away at least. (besides, funner to save my cap for killing admins)