Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: @rogues/hackers/outcasts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
So I've been wanting to start up another fighter character for a while now, tried gallia (again) and hated it, and I've settled on the idea of going with a cardamine user. I've always liked the liberty rogues, so they're probably what I'll end up going with for the character, but i figure the other two mentioned factions might be able to pitch in some info.

What I need to find is a ship. I've grown fond of LF's / HF's, for whatever odd reason - they're more fun to fly, I guess. Problem is, I dont have much experience with any of those available to the factions listed, so I'm looking for input and comparison between them.

First up is the Greyhound. I used to hear good things about it, but it seems that it's been nerfed several times in recent patches. It does have a very nice power core available to it (better than other HF's in the area, with higher regen and capacity), but it has less guns/turrets available. I'm not entirely fond of the look of the ship - it's sleeker than the other rogue/pirate craft, but something about it just doesnt sit right with me.

Next is the Bayonet... now, I love this ship, as far as looks and 'feel' go (only flown it in open singleplayer, though). It's sleek, it's sexy, it's general shape reminds me of a predator stalking it's prey, ready to pounce. However, it has less power available than the greyhound, along with less cargo space and less armor. I'm not sure how the turning between the two compares, since I cant see the numbers and can only go by 'feel' - but it does seem to me like the bayonet has slightly better turning. I do like that the bayonet has six guns, rather than four plus a turret like the greyhound, though.

Finally the switchblade - this one seems slower than both of the others, and has the same power core as the bayonet, rather than the improved power core of the greyhound. However, it does have more guns available than either of them, with six guns plus a forward turret, that can be a mean mix of firepower there. Still, I'm thinking it might just be the worst of the three as far as solo flight goes, as it has a much larger profile, seems to turn more slowly, and is more power starved than the competition.

So... need opinions on the ships, first. I'd really like to go with the bayonet, it fits, but the greyhound seems to be 'better' as a pvp ship.

Next up, weapons... I love the 750m/s speed of the rogue guns, helps when you've got worse aim than a blind man - but they sure do take a hell of a lot of power. I've been trying combos of the belial (class 8) and sammael (class 9) in sp, but havent found a mix that really lets me keep up any sort of sustained fire for more than a few seconds at a time. The belial is more efficient, but also does less damage for the short period of time I can keep gunfire on an enemy.

This is primarily going to the rogues out there, those in LR- and those who have the pvp experience... but what kind of weapon setup should I be going for? Is an all gun setup going to drain too much, should I go with a pair of missiles to cut energy consumption? Or, would it be more effective to use a mix of sammaels and debilitators with weapon groupings to control power use?

The Liberty Rogues are pretty infamous for being good pvpers, so I figure you guys must have some preferred weapon setups to manage the powerhungry guns you're using.

Series CX "Scimitar" Border Worlds Light Fighter is good ship.

Here is stats :

Gun/Turret Mounts: 4/1
Armor: 5700
Cargo Space: 50
Max Batteries/NanoBots: 42/42
Optimal Weapon Class: 7
Max. Weapon Class: 9
Additional Equipment: M, CM, CD

If you can use small ships with missiles, mines, TCD you will be very good at this.

Well, Ten, thing about the Rogue shipline is that it is ment to be bulky, big, but well armored.

Sadly that line of thought was set in 0.0 version, where there were no mini-razors or SNs.

The greyhound is...actually quite good. It is more agile than any navy hf or vhf you will be facing and because of the power regen all you need is a mini and you can poke peeps in each pass.

Missiles (at least in LR-) are a nono, since it is far better to use guns to beat an opponent, but remember if you RP a rogue you more or less shoot only when cornered. It's your rp to run away fast at the sight of the first level 13 patriot flying out of the lane.

The guns...sammies are the best lazor cannons in the game, however they indeed do take quite a lot of energy, but it is worth it. If you have an agile ship like the hyena or the grey, it doesen't matter as you will not be jousting your opponent 90% anyway.

I might point out that the Werewolf has 5 class 10 guns if you prefer codes.

Now i can give you tips on Rogue ships and if after all this you are enjoying your time, the LR- recruitment thread is over there. It is better if you got someone to watch your back.

SInce you are in liberty though, remember you will die. A lot. People will gank, you will be hunted, if that makes you go Q_Q I suggest a different character, sadly. Many people tend to give up after the first few days.
why not take the Hyena rogue LF? I have one, and by god I love the thing, if you get to know it, you'll know exactly how to dodge almost anything, but all of that will cost you your firepower unfortunatly

' Wrote:why not take the Hyena rogue LF? I have one, and by god I love the thing, if you get to know it, you'll know exactly how to dodge almost anything, but all of that will cost you your firepower unfortunatly

Next update, hopefully, it will have a torpedo slot as well. Like a Loki.
You will need an iron will to survive in Liberty, many times my cursor has hovered over the "Delete Character" button after a "OLOLOL ENGAGAGAUN ROGIUE"!"

But I'm still here:P
i also recomend one of the borderworld series fighters. my favourites are the sabre and scimmitar. the problem with the scimitar is that it is not very good at staying alive i found, but im not very skilled.

as for weapons, i am not famliar with rouge weapons, outcast weapons are usually effective, not sure if it is allowed though
Quote:You will need an iron will to survive in Liberty, many times my cursor has hovered over the "Delete Character" button after a "OLOLOL ENGAGAGAUN ROGIUE"!"

Quote:SInce you are in liberty though, remember you will die. A lot. People will gank, you will be hunted, if that makes you go Q_Q I suggest a different character, sadly. Many people tend to give up after the first few days.

I think everyone here is forgetting that I have a keeper that gets swarmed daily by lolwuts, I can handle that =P

What about Goldern Chrysantemums?

Reasons why:

* addiceted to cardi
* kusari doesn't have so much lolwutters around like you gonna have in Liberty
* you tend to like rp women.
* GC would be happy I guess.
Quote:* you tend to like rp women.

I'll have you know that I have just as many male characters as female characters, tyvm.

Anyways, I thought about the GC, but I really hate their ships... they all look like they're made out of play-dough or something, too bland and 'fake' looking.

Plus, well... Kusari doesnt have nearly enough activity to keep a character entertained. Liberty is overflowing with activity, on the flip side of the coin...
Pages: 1 2 3