Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Exile's tips to retaining your Disco-Sanity
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Seems a rather large amount of people are losing theirs these days, so, just for you, a few <strike>slices of bacon</strike> tips.

1. Regulate yourself. Don't stick to one faction. If you do, be prepared for perma-RAEGMODE. You'll dedicate yourself to that faction as if there's nothing else if you're anything like the average disco player. You'll actually start to hate or dislike the guy on the other side and will seize to care about his or her fun. Play. Moar. Faksjuns.

2. Make sure you don't end up in a leadership role unless you're ready for it. Leading a faction, properly leading, not, 'Ahz da warboss. Uz all listan 'ta meh now'. can cause you to enter RAEGMODE quite regularly. If you do lead however, make sure that you have a High Command of sensible people under you that can deal with the day-to-day running of the faction.

3. Remember the exit button. If some one's killin' yer ingame lulz, swap characters or log off. There's no need to go into RAEGMODE over a gank or a lost trade route or anything for that matter. It's just a game. Same goes for the forums. If you absolutely have to comment about something, or at least, if you think you do, write out what you're going to say, read it, read it again then judge whether it's worth it. 'Does this matter?' 'Does this make me look like an ass?' 'Am I <strike>god</strike> right?'

4. RAEG Tips. If there's no way for you to ever hold that RAEG underneath your skin, VENT IN A CHAT. Raeg there. Go wild, go nuts, make people fear your E-powahz or make them laugh at you. Beats raeging on the forums.

5. Remember it's only a game. You play it for fun, for the enjoyment, not because you have to.

6. Opposite of 1. Don't join too many! Your brain will go all zomgoverload and <strike>explode in a holy and righteous fury that hath no equal</strike> you'll feel like all meh. 'Wait, am I on my OC... Or on my Xeno...' Faction leaders and Admins a like generally dislike this.

7. Think about the guy or girl on the other end. We're all here for our joy. Sure, you can have a disagreement or two, three, ten, but don't go all 'hatin' on his ass'. He wants to have fun, and so do you. Compromise.

<strike>8. Read Dusty's smites. Even though smiting posts are sad in general (sad because they're needed), Dusty Lens manages to turn them into objects of win and lulz.</strike> The (not so) great Dusty is no longer an admin, and thus we are deprived of his smite posts. Feel free to read the old ones though.

9. Don't go all ZOMGEMORAGEQUIT. You'll only come crawling back, but this time without your pretty ships and equipment. = More sad.

10. Try to be helpful, but not too helpful. Being a saint is a good thing, but don't overdo it. You'll only be focused on helping people and won't be able to find time to enjoy the game and the community. Think about the other and yourself.

11. Respect. Respect your fellow disco-ers but keep your own ideas and goals in mind. Don't bash, but balance.

12. Make your own character of fun. Make a wacko character, a drunk xeno superstar, a pot-addicted trading duo or anything that makes you laugh when you play it. Remember that the game is about fun. It doesn't all have to be 100% serious. So long as it's within roleplay, of course.

13. Always look on the bright side of life!'Nuf said.

@ People with forum hax powahz : If you feel like editing this, feel free. Imma try to keep this up to date with sensible stuff but I can miss some things too.

Moar tips? Add dem.
Pinned version. No posting. Visit HERE for the one you can post in.