Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Help me pick a computer case
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So, the case that I wanted from tigerdirect is sold out for at least a month, meaning I either have to wait for it or just choose a different one... so far, there's two other cases I really like, and I need some opinions on which one both looks better and would suit a gaming rig better (as far as hardware/mechanical capability, rather than looks).

Option #1:
NZXT Tempest ATX Mid-Tower Case - Clear Sides, Front USB, eSATA Ports

Option #2:
Cooler Master HAF 922M ATX Black Mid-Tower Case - 5 External 5.25" Drive Bays, 5 Internal 3.5" Drive Bays, 2 200mm Fans, 1 120mm Fan

I say go with the NZXT ... both cases look good as far as I can tell. When I find hardware that's pretty equal in my eyes I always check to see how many reviews there are and what the ratings are. In this case, the NZXT had 138 reviews with a score of 4.7 while the Cooler Master had only 23 reviews with a score of 4.9. If the total number of reviews were tied, I'd go with the one that received the better score. Either way I think you'll get a good case.
On the performance level they are pretty much tied. I like the Coolermaster looks much better. Not so teenage boy bling bling as the Tempest. Coolermaster looks more classic and stylish.
Cooler Master - Better looks, better build quality and in this model quieter I believe.

2 other physical considerations are big your CPU cooler is and how long the GFX card is.
Make sure you have enuf room to fit these in the new case - you;d be surprised how many people get caught out here - especially on GFX card length, those $500+ cards don't fit all cases.
Spec's got a good point ... quiet is very important in a case. If they're died ... I'd go with whichever is quieter.
Tempest. Those 200mm fans are a pain in the arse when they die (Which is far more often than an 80 or 120)
Voted appropriately.
Quote:Make sure you have enuf room to fit these in the new case - you;d be surprised how many people get caught out here - especially on GFX card length, those $500+ cards don't fit all cases.

Yea, and the cooler master 922 specifically states that it can easily accomodate full length GPU's.

I went with that one, anyhow, I didnt like the NZXT tempest as much.