Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Here to bring some peace trough sirius
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Greetings!

This is Dragis, Pilot of the Blue_Dragon (IMG), Draconian_Bay (BMM), and soon one more Player for the Zoners ...

Well I guess some knows me as an escaping miner or as an very bad HF pilot. May be my Piloting Skill for small vessles aren't that good and I want to fly a capital ship very soon to show those "stop, tax 1 mil" shouting pirates that traders and miners get one more defender.

There we are allready at my first question ... what faction I may join to get a ship which is capable to deal with those endless pirates? The shipdesign in Mind I would prefer to join the Zoners, but I truly want to hunt pirates and protect peacefull traders and miners. Moreover I dream of buying a capital ship if I mine enough credits for that. Can you give me some advices on what to do and to think about ?

Good flight out there,
Dragis
Ok, firstly welcome to discovery read the rules yadda yadda yadda. We have had people try and defend people in caps before, it doesn't work. You'll get bomber spammed and plus you can't kill transports. There is no Capital ship that can roam around and kill pirates willy nilly. They are not just for a PvP fix they are vessel that are intended for RP (as with every ship here). To use a capital ship and not get ignored/abused/branded as a lolwut/burnt at the stake/eat by angry possums then you have to show A LOT OF RP and not just go around pew pewing pirates. There are restrictions with caps in that they can only go to certain systems and land on certain stations. They must stay in their Zone Of Influence and not run around doing what you want to do.
Welcome, i would suggest you to go and buy a bomber, if you want to help the poor traders! Caps arent designed for such a thing...
Hello there! I'm new two. Don't worry you will manage!
' Wrote:I want to fly a capital ship very soon to show those "stop, tax 1 mil" shouting pirates that traders and miners get one more defender.

You will soon learn the foolishness of your mistake.

Good bomber pilots will eat you for breakfast, then have a helping of trader for desert.
Hey there, and welcome!

I'd guess that learning how to fly a smaller craft effectively takes less time than grind that awfuly lot of money for the bigger ones. But I am absolutly sure that's more fun. Team up, Sirius is full of people to learn from.
A capital ship really isn't what you want to hunt pirates. Your maximum thrust speed is 139 for a GB and less for anyting larger. The average pirate bomber can speed off at 199, and you'll never be able to catch him. I'd suggest using a VHF with a disruptor to stop the pirate escaping. My VHF skills were pretty awful when I started playing, but you will gradually improve.