Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Generating credits and the relation to RP.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Yes, the subtitle is there for Zeltak and the one formerly known as Nathrael. (Possibly others, but I cannot be bothered listing.)

Now, onto the subject at hand. Just something to think about really, and my infinitely complex polls have been made just for you. Yes, I really do mean you.

Imagine, that you have bought every ship you wanted, and they are fully equipped, and you have a sufficient amount of credits saved.

What would you do?

1) Would you trade?
2) Would you mine?
3) Would you join another faction? (Or make a faction?)
4) Would you leave a faction?
5) Do you believe the quality of the role-play of your characters, on average, would improve?
I'd make a faction, but that option isn't there in the poll.
I have a starflier with just about 2 billion credits on it, I do have all the ships I could want, all outfitted. My favorite character to play at the moment is my Samura miner. Yes, I dont need money, but I mine, go figure.
Well I have what I need, had what I needed a long time ago. Sometimes I have a ship appear temporarily in my garage and dissappear. As for my credits, I still trade at times. Usually something to spend it on. Just recently I passed a fully rigged Kamome with a full cargo load of Plutonium and 10 mil credits to a new recruit (which I guess means I had decided sometime ago to creatre a faction with my spare money). Money was well spent and not only has hhe been enjoying his FL experience but he also received a Kudos the other day from a vet and through Skype I was able to pass on well-earned compliments to my new recruit. Now if that isn't something to feel good about spending fake money on, then I'm at a loss at what is.

Edit Add: I trade btw, I want to mine and waiting for it. I used to mine back in 4.84. I was the only one in Omega 11 shooting rocks for one diamond at a time with a char called Polwart. My brother was the one hauling it to Kusari and getting stuck being labelled as a powertrader :laugh: (yeah he's not here anymore)
I mine in Dublin and Leeds for challenge.

Got 2bil of my own, 2 in kishiro.
All ships that I want (three), and that's about it
More votes are required.

Please vote, it is quite easy and requires little thought or effort on your part.

Thank you for the responses so far.:D
I would sell all of those ships and have alot of bank characters. I would continue trading in my BWT. I wouldn't join or leave a faction. The quality of my role play (if I kept all of the ships) wouldn't improve because I'd be to hard pressed just keeping them all from being destroyed from inactivity to RP. If I didn't keep all of the ships and trade them in for money my RP wouldn't change a bit. Although I could possibly be the richest merchant out there.
Where's the "donate to the poor" button?

Some people here ain't selfish.
I feel as though I've failed a test and, with this feeling, comes a deep shame.

I may never rid myself of it.

At the moment the only character I am maintaining is my Corsair pirate. It is funded entirely through piracy and what windfalls might fall my way.

The income is substantially less than I could make through trade or mining but the experience, I feel, is richer.

If I wanted money I could make it quickly and easily through trade, mining or any number of schemes.

What finances I had previously have been dumped in their entirety into other projects which I hope to use towards promoting certain facets of Disco.

I would sign on with a faction if I felt that I would be in good company, my financial state has nothing to do with this.

I feel that my quality of RP correlates directly with the interest and level of entertainment generated by the time I invest into it. As such joining a faction or generating funds would only reflect upon that as much as the specific faction/means I had selected could. By no means would generating money or being in a faction in its own right carry an intrinsic value.

Add piracy/mercenary/freelancer work.
My time demands are such that I wouldnt add/subtract any more factions.

I dont mind RP trading - I certainly get bored after more than one or two powertrades!

That being said I am keen to eventually try some mining. I quite enjoyed the interaction between miners and transports when I was hauling goods into Liberty - and by chance started haggling with random miners.
Pages: 1 2 3 4