Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Well, Whaddya know. That Spyglass Scanner was a fake.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Alright, here I was, in Omicron Gamma. I decided to test my brand new Spyglass Scanner on my Spyglass, right? However, when I clicked on a passerby, it acted like a normal scanner. It disengaged me at 10k, instead of the stated 15.
[Image: 1.jpg]
[Image: 2.jpg]

I really don't know what to do right now. Anyone have any hints?

Whaddya know, I just tried to scan someone. Let me scan them all the way up to 4km. It seems to want to act like a Discovery Scanner.

[Image: 3.jpg]

BTW, you with pens and paper going to steal this awesome loadout*, I will get very pissed if i see it on another ship, I'm too lazy (or dumb) to know how to edit it on photoshop, which I don't have....

*Courtesy of Hylden
Methingks the 10k is a server-set constant. May be wrong, but it was the same on another mod I've visited.
Ya so spyglass scanner should be no use :')

BUT...you can put your space settings or something higher when you install the mod maybe that will work... but even my 3.4 ghz proscessor got problems with that so I don't recommand so
' Wrote:BTW, you with pens and paper going to steal this awesome loadout*, I will get very pissed if i see it on another ship, I'm too lazy (or dumb) to know how to edit it on photoshop, which I don't have....
BFH, it's called "clicking the X in the weps HUD", or simpler, "hit BACKSPACE":D
To be honest the feature I most desire is the scan cargo at 6k, which i tested in SP and found kicks in 5.5-6k and can hold on almost to 7k. So the bugger is still desireable to me, and I shall prevail! :crazy:

[attachmentid=2731][attachmentid=2732]

:)In addition, I concur with Onca, minimize your HUD if ya wish to hide trade secrets, hehehe.
Lordy, not since the good old bad old days of 4.79, has one piece of loadout caused so much fun. Then it was
actually worth breaking 16 Marsfliers just for the side turrets, at a cost of around 350 million.
The added bonus being the thrusters and shield were a very desirable commodity also, and easily moved on
probably covering most of the initial outlay. The stem guns then covered the rest.
400 mil for one scanner does take the biscuit for an unbelievably small edge, gaining around a mile of scanning
ability. Boy, you got to be one hell of an effin' good pirate to cover yer ass on that startup cost.
Good luck ... One born every minute, as they say.

Oh and I'll re-iterate ... Thats the BACKSPACE button Flyer ... Top row, right hand side, main keypad. Sure
you've seen it, or even used it for something before. Mmmmm maybe not ...

Hoodlum
' Wrote:Alright, here I was, in Omicron Gamma. I decided to test my brand new Spyglass Scanner on my Spyglass, right? However, when I clicked on a passerby, it acted like a normal scanner. It disengaged me at 10k, instead of the stated 15.
[Image: 1.jpg]
[Image: 2.jpg]
I really don't know what to do right now. Anyone have any hints?

Whaddya know, I just tried to scan someone. Let me scan them all the way up to 4km. It seems to want to act like a Discovery Scanner.

[Image: 3.jpg]

BTW, you with pens and paper going to steal this awesome loadout*, I will get very pissed if i see it on another ship, I'm too lazy (or dumb) to know how to edit it on photoshop, which I don't have....

*Courtesy of Hylden

hey man, it's because of the engine. but scanning works from ~5.9k anyways... it's better than nothing:D
about the pic, use paint... make a black rectangle there... it's the best loadout i could find for my former spyglass...

EDIT: if BFH agrees, i'll tell you ppl how to kill him in my former ship... easy and straight forward... in 10 mins with bomber or gunboat. if you use that weakness with a cruiser or bs, it's not even funny. and to end with a personal note: i hate that ship...
I know, but I forgot to on all my screenies....

Anyone know why this may be screwed up? Admins?

Heh, easy to say... I'd like one, I wouldn't mind...:D
A Spyglass Battleship I mean:P

It looks awesome, is it good?
Its acctually not that good. REALLY buggy, but the HF use them cause they are Lane Hackers. I sold mine, in hopes of eventually getting something different.

Verginix Out
Pages: 1 2