Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Hello Discovery
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello everyone. I've been reading the rules and spent A LOT of time on the clans thread. I'm not new to Freelancer or Discovery, but I haven't played in a long time, and I've never spent much time on the Discovery mod.
I have much rp experience I 've been part of Holo-federation.com for a long time now. Incase your wondering it's a Star Trek rp played in Elite Force, we use the RPG-X mod. (sorry if that sounds like advertising). I've had my fair share of RP.

I only have on problem. You guessed it. I can't connect to the server, as a matter of fact, I can't connect to any server. I've had this problem before or at least a very similar one, I just forgot how to fix it. I might have reinstalled it, but I don't have the CD anymore.
When I click connect a message shows up saying "I'm sorry, but a connection could not be established to that server. This is usually caused by a server going offline when you attempt to connect to it. It may be also caused by your internet ..." blah blah so on and so forth. My firewall is off, I use COMODO firewall not the Microsoft fire wall, so it actually does what I tell it to do. I'm really eager to start playing my favourite game again, can anyone help me out? Thanks.
Welcome to Disco!:yahoo:

Usually to fix these problems all you have to do is make sure you have the Global Workaround that comes with Discovery turned on, instead of installing it again yourself.
Isn't the Global Workaround turned on when you install and activate the mod?
I did a complete reinstalled of Freelancer, it worked, went to school the next day, came back, opened up Freelancer, didn't want to connect. What the hell?
Welcome, best would be to put your problem Into the Tutorial and Support section. Im sure they can help you there!
Thanks Jansen.
Welcome to Disco,
Thanks for the welcome guys.
Welcome Padawan!!