Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Under Construction ID
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I've been having a lot of trouble recently getting my battleship ID/tagged, and it got me thinking again about fixing the confusion with what's RP-ready and what's not. Therefore, I propose the Under Construction ID, which would read as follows:
This player's character is Under Construction, and hence is not obliged to RP until he or she has outfitted and ID/tagged the affected character. This player may not engage other players, except in instances of self-defense, and should not be engaged unless specifically requested.

Allowed ships: Fighters, Bombers, Gunboats, Destroyers, Cruisers, Battlecruisers, Battleships (no trading craft)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It would require no reputation, and be available on any base. Your thoughts?
Hmm, I like, but isn't that what freelancer ID is for?

EDIT: oh wait, I answered my own question, you can't have a good ship under lvl 40...
Yeah, that sounds like a good idea to me, as long as it can be enforced..
(Glad someone brought this idea back up)

Anyway, that infocard looks perfect. And hopefully will fix this stupid FL ID problem.
There should be a time limit as to how long you can use it. Cause remember most of the New Players will have the FL ID's so they can fly around and learn about the Mod, but this UC ID would be for the people who are starting a enw character to get it set up within a day.

Verginix Out
My dream is for an actual freelancer ID.. sigh...
Hey, can we report NPCs for being over level with the FL ID ??????
:D
I'd think a week would be a suitable time limit. Maybe in conjunction with my older idea for an Under Construction thread. We can have players post requests for Under Construction IDs to Admins, who then put them in their characters, and take them off a week later (or more, if they can come up with a good reason for an extension. RL is a b***h.)
I quite like this idea. It prevents the need for fines (and flames), and gives people time to get on their feet. I can only suggest minor changes:

Because it is an RP server, the person should have to remain in-character regardless of ID. RP is still possible while something is being developed, and I suspect that it will make for some interesting concepts in/out of the game.

You mentioned it, Epyon, and I agree that the time limit could be more constrictive than desired. Some people may have less time, others more, so it really depends on the person. I think the way to combat this is to have the usable ID for ten days. If the character has not completed their "construction" by then, then they need to buy the ID again. I'm not sure if it is possible to place limits on this, but it would be nice.

Nice to see this idea out there...:D

Hype
Hmmm, any way to make an equipped item expire like alien bugs?
This sounds good, then you won't see guys flying with Neutral ID's in cruisers. Saying that their making their character to everyone. Could help pirates as well when starting out.
or would it be easier to just change the neutral ID for this? what else do people use it for anyway. that's what i'm using while building my character
Pages: 1 2