Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: acquiring mission cargo
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
done a few missions trying to get something interesting to hold onto but i'm having trouble holding onto it.
i've tried aborting before tractoring, and it disappears from space
i've tried tractoring it and aborting in the 2 seconds before the mission ends, and it disappears from my cargo bay and the mission is complete
i've tried bringing a friend along out of group, but they cant tractor it.

tried these on "destroy the loot" and "tractor the loot" missions, with no success

what else is there to try? what am i doing wrong?

if you've done plenty of this before, a step by step 1, 2, 3-???, PROFIT! guide would be so appreciated.
On capture missions, if you die, or if someone else tractors it, it stays in your hold.
' Wrote:On capture missions, if you die, or if someone else tractors it, it stays in your hold.

i havent tried dying to keep things in my hold yet, since it's not really the intuitive thing to do
edit: are you sure this works? since i get mission complete as soon as i tractor it.

and i'm not saying your wrong, but someone else tractoring it wasn't working for me :/
someone grouped(doing the mission with you) or ungrouped?
if you are on a mission, it doesnt matter who in your group tractors it.

fly out, get a friend thats NOT in your group, die, and get him to tractor it in and bring it to you.

at least thats how i understood boss' concept. never tried so not sure.
So do cargo mission

get freind to kill you, planetdive, or eat a mine

item becoms a normal holdable item ?
I believe the only mission cargo you can acquire and keep is the escape pod. You can't keep or get the other items, they just disappear.
Not true. One of the BAF shared ships has, or used to have, a bunch of different things gathered in that manner.
The BAF items were given to me, Admin given. I wouldn't know about any of the others.