Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Junker Pirates
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
The Junker ID states that Junkers may pirate Corp ID players outside of house space.

Right now Junkers are pirating Corp ID players inside of house space.

I suggested that the admin team simply start deleting any Junker ship which violates this part of the ID.

The other admins suggested that, perhaps, Junker players who pirate Corp ID players -inside- of house space did so out of confusion because the ID doesn't specifically say that they can't, only that they can -outside-.

I argued that our playerbase isn't made up of total morons.

Then we all stopped and laughed and laughed.

So the ID is being changed to assist our more challenged members.

If a Junker pirates anyone inside of house space we'll delete everything on every account you have and ban you, then we'll ban the largest person we can who lives near you and tell them it's your fault they're banned.

We'll then uban that person when they're done beating you.

Thanks.

Well. We wont really do that. But we'll treat it like an ID violation. Which means bad things will happen.

I'm really sorry that there is no reason to play a Junker in Disco anymore and that the entire game is broken and pointless now. My prayers go with you.

Edit: Yes I mean anyone. Junkers have been stripped of their in-house piracy rights.

Can you pirate people outside of house space? Yeh sure.

What does not house space mean? Space that doesn't belong to a house.

What space doesn't belong to a house?

Look it up on the wiki.

Where is the wiki?

Look in the wiki section of the forum.

Wait! The wiki dictates admin decisions?

No. But it has useful factual information which is useful for people who aren't familiar with freelancer lore.

Oh, thanks.

Sure no problem.

So... What're you doing after this dialog is done?

Oh, uh, ah. This is... Huh. Er, I've got... Stuff. You know. Stuff.

Oh, yeah. Stuff! Me too! Well, ah, see you!

Yeah, ah. Later!
oooooooookayyyyyy......

Sorry that had to occur.
Holy green text.

WHY YOU HAF TO DOO DIS, DUSTEH?
' Wrote:Holy green text.

Because I hate the Junkers and want to kill as an NPC faction. It's the Xeno agenda metad through admin calls.
' Wrote:
I argued that our playerbase isn't made up of total morons.

Then we all stopped and laughed and laughed.

' Wrote:Holy green text.

I realize that at times we do get quite sarcastic about things. However - you all know there is a certain grain of truth in what Dusty has said.

So to avoid simple mis-understandings - we have come forth with green text. (And this is NOT just from Dusty alone.)

Because Junkers were taking the mick, pirating one trade lane away form the end sale point of high value goods and then selling them at no risk. They were never meant to pirate in House space, and now they most definitely can't. I'm sure this is the only way to make money as a Junker and we're now on an anti Junker crusade, but frankly you weren't supposed to be doing it ever. Ergo, we're not changing anything but just making it clear.
Basically. Jokes aside there was simply one rash too many of "Junker" pirates abusing the intentionally nebulous freedoms provided by the ID.

So the ID was adjusted to clarify intent.

Furthermore, yes, this isn't my call. It's an admin team call. I simply jumped on the posting it grenade.
Well as a junker i do thank you for this. I have had word's in game to many indie junker's about how Wrong it was to disrupt TL's as a junker and pirate trains.
1 thing i am curious about though,is a player with a pirate ID,but junker IFF going to get us junker's blamed for pirating,cause i have seen many of them.(also bad IMO)
Also can junker still harrass Kusari corp's coming into Bret space,or do we have to hit them in between. IE can we ingage them in LEED's,or DUBLIN?
Any Junker that actually pirates house corp traders, in house space no less, is doing it wrong anyways.

So... yey?
Leeds and Dublin are out. No House space piracy, not even a little bit, certainly not a lot. None at all.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8