Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Referring to the Wiki in the Official Faction Status?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
When going over OSI's Official Faction Status post to bring it in line with OSI's Wiki Entry , I couldn't help but wonder, why not use the Wiki instead?

It's already got a nice List of Official Factions and is by far not as cumbersome and incredibly long as the current Official Faction Status thread.

The only issue I see there is that the page would have to be locked to the Wiki account used by the faction's leader.

I'm curious if that'd be doable.
The Wiki is not official information, the forum is.
' Wrote:The Wiki is not official information, the forum is.

We've already seen that the wiki is used to define what is "House Space" for the rules...

no reason not to integrate them further.

This idea has some merit, especially for factions whose leaders have vanished without leaving the remaining members the account information for whichever forum handle wrote the original faction status.
One reason would be that the Wiki can be painfully misinformed in some cases, and is not always a reliable source of information.

While in your case it may be fully accurate, until all articles are updated and a standard of accuracy is in place? Well its probably best left to the forums where information is more readily accessed and corrected.
I have to say that for player factions pages, many are not up-to-date. The reason for this is simple, the wiki editors prefer not touching these pages and waiting that people that are at least members of that faction update the page, and sometimes, the last updates dates from months ago.

BTW, talking about factions, if when looking at NPC factions page and you see something wrong, feel free to edit it or to contact us so we can edit it.