Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Admin Notice: Rule 6.7 Modification
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
The administrative team has voted to allow a trial modification to rule 6.7. This modification is effective immediately. This trial will last 30 days to determine if it needs changed, accepted, or restored.

Original rule:

Quote:6.7 Attacking transports, liners or demanding cargo from the same is not allowed for cruisers and battleships.

Exceptions to this rule are:

a) Terrorist, Nomad, Wild, Phantom ID players;
b) LSF or Liberty Navy Guard vessels operating within Zone 21 or Alaska;
c) Order Guard vessels operating within Alaska or Omicron Minor;
d) Blood Dragon Guard vessels within Chugoku;
e) Corsair Guard vessels within Omicron Gamma;
f) Outcast Guard vessels within Omicron Alpha;
g) Guard ID players in their -own- associated Guard system.
h) Special OP players within the guidelines of their approved RP.

Traders whom are attacked in these areas may be pursued and destroyed beyond them.
Modified rule:
Quote:6.7 Attacking transports, liners or demanding cargo from the same is not allowed for cruisers and battleships.

Exceptions to this rule are:

a) Official faction tagged house ships in their respective house space ONLY.
b) Terrorist, Nomad, Wild, Phantom ID players;
c) LSF or Liberty Navy Guard vessels operating within Zone 21 or Alaska;
d) Order Guard vessels operating within Alaska or Omicron Minor;
e) Blood Dragon Guard vessels within Chugoku;
f) Corsair Guard vessels within Omicron Gamma;
g) Outcast Guard vessels within Omicron Alpha;
h) Guard ID players in their -own- associated Guard system.
i) Special OP players within the guidelines of their approved RP.

Traders whom are attacked in these areas may be pursued and destroyed beyond them.

This means that cruisers and battleships belonging to official factions only, and operating within their own house space only, may freely deal with all lawbreakers as they see fit - regardless of ship class.Yes, this effectively is an additional right for official factions, in policing and controlling their own houses - Liberty, Rheinland, Bretonia, Kusari, and Gallia.
FAQ:

If the question you have asked appears here, do not ask it again.

Q. Can my official Corsair/Outcast/RHA capital ship now shoot transports?

A. No, it's only full House militaries and police that can do this.

(Previous exemptions still apply, such as F & G.)

Q. Can my Official Capital ship instruct an Independent to do this, thus avoiding a sanction?

A. No, this right is for official factions only.

Heh, Great. Another power for the dirty factionites. Your splitting hairs between faction and non faction now? Thats dandy, just great. I dont even have a word to describe that. Another power for the factionized bin!

Now to even things out, we indies need one... This is a good idea, tho, You just need to even things out with a power for the indies too...

The indies' special power is to be able to buy and fly a ship without weeks and months of established RP and being able to fly it when you choose.

Provided you can at least socially coexist with the local factions.
' Wrote:Heh, Great. Another power for the dirty factionites. Your splitting hairs between faction and non faction now? Thats dandy, just great. I dont even have a word to describe that. Another power for the factionized bin!

Lol.
So, the LNS-Wut can get sanctioned for shooting smugglers, but the LN-LNS-Lol can't?

Hmm.. This will lead to a lot of confusion among indies. But it'll be good, in the end, I think. More in-rp.
Question..
As this pertains to lawful houses it seems, What would be the rule per say if a hostile trade ship was to
travel threw an unlawful system?
Example, a Universal freight ship loaded with commodities bound for Java makes a serious navigational error & passes threw Omicron Alpha.
Would an official faction capitol ship be able to demand dropping of cargo &/or destroy the ship if it fails to comply?

Also, this restricted to guard systems, or any system controlled by said factions?
' Wrote:Question..
As this pertains to lawful houses it seems, What would be the rule per say if a hostile trade ship was to
travel threw an unlawful system?
Example, a Universal freight ship loaded with commodities bound for Java makes a serious navigational error & passes threw Omicron Alpha.
Would an official faction capitol ship be able to demand dropping of cargo &/or destroy the ship if it fails to comply?

Also, this restricted to guard systems, or any system controlled by said factions?

Refer to the FAQ's - this new right only applies to the 5 houses.

http://discoverygc.com/forums/index.php?s=...st&p=864543

And this is valid in their house space. New York, Texas, New London, Cambridge, New Tokyo, etc...

Can an Unlawful capship, as an example, an RHA cruiser, kill traders in their respective houses?

ALSO:

' Wrote:FAQ:

If the question you have asked appears here, do not ask it again.

Q. Can my official Corsair/Outcast capital ship now shoot transports?

A. f) Corsair Guard vessels within Omicron Gamma;
g) Outcast Guard vessels within Omicron Alpha;

Yes, you may under the right circumstances.

Q. Can my Official Capital ship instruct an Independent to do this, thus avoiding a sanction?

A. No, this right is for official factions only.

Fix'd,
' Wrote:Can an Unlawful capship, as an example, an RHA cruiser, kill traders in their respective houses?

http://discoverygc.com/forums/index.php?s=...st&p=864543

Again, the RHA do NOT own Rheinland. Only the [RM] - Official house military - has this right.

Please read the FAQ before posting again.
EDIT: f & g already existed for those systems. We're referring to the NEW rule here.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9