Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Censorship
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
' Wrote:Both your Indies and officials can blow up peeps in their home system, I don't see the problem with this.

Thank you for preserving my post that GOT DELETED!!!

What's going on admins and moderators? We've had these discussions before. Quit just deleting people's posts without leaving some notice as to why.

GEEZ man ... can we be civil to one another? This tactic REALLY ticks me off to no end.
' Wrote:Thank you for preserving my post that GOT DELETED!!!

What's going on admins and moderators? We've had these discussions before. Quit just deleting people's posts without leaving some notice as to why.

GEEZ man ... can we be civil to one another? This tactic REALLY ticks me off to no end.

Your post was hidden because it was

A) Laden with absolutely stupid racist suggestions
B) Stupid
C) Idiotic
D) See B-C

Now you know. Which I am told is roughly 50% of the battle.

Feel free to try again.
' Wrote:Your post was hidden because it was

A) Laden with absolutely stupid racist suggestions
B) Stupid
C) Idiotic
D) See B-C

Now you know. Which I am told is roughly 50% of the battle.

Feel free to try again.

Hold up here ... "stupid" and "idiotic" you use for my post? I made one statement (that you could green text out with the word "censor"). But my point is valid without that one statement. Incidentally ... my statement was NOT racist. I was pointing out that the new rule in question in this thread IS borderline racist. Me calling attention to it doesn't change the fact that the Hispania was the 5th original house ... and Hispania represents the Latino community.

Now what rule does you calling me "stupid" and "idiotic" apply? Oh ... the same rule you're trying to use about my post.

Quote:3. Flaming, abusing, and insulting other members in any form, with or without a reason, is not allowed.

So ... its ok for an ADMIN or a MODERATOR to openly insult members of the community now?
' Wrote:: What? Er no. OC and Sairs can ALREADY do this, so there's not actually a need to let them do it.

That's all you needed to tell me Del. Dusty didn't have to go off on me like he did. Deleting my post was uncalled for since I was addressing a legitimate concern. If the admin/moderator team didn't like the last statement (which I felt was accurate) ... then they should have just removed that portion of my post and green texted some statement about whatever. I've seen you guys green text "censored" and other such things without completely removing someone's post in the past. I know Dusty doesn't like me on a "personal level" ... but that doesn't shirk him of the responsibility to remain objective in these forums.

EDIT: Admin/Moderator team ... you know my feelings on posts being deleted/hidden/etc without notices ... and you know I get pissed about it ... so why do you keep doing it?
' Wrote:Hold up here ... "stupid" and "idiotic" you use for my post? I made one statement (that you could green text out with the word "censor"). But my point is valid without that one statement. Incidentally ... my statement was NOT racist. I was pointing out that the new rule in question in this thread IS borderline racist. Me calling attention to it doesn't change the fact that the Hispania was the 5th original house ... and Hispania represents the Latino community.

Now what rule does you calling me "stupid" and "idiotic" apply? Oh ... the same rule you're trying to use about my post.
So ... its ok for an ADMIN or a MODERATOR to openly insult members of the community now?

I didn't call you stupid or idiotic. I think you're a shining paragon of critical thought and razor sharp perception.

I simply stated that the reason your post was removed (claiming that this rule was added as an attempt to discriminate against or harm the people of Mediterranean, Latino or otherwise Hispanic nations and cultures.) was because its premise was so flawed that the only terms that could possibly be applied to it and still retain their accuracy were stupid and idiotic.

I seek no quarrel with you good sir knight.

' Wrote:I know Dusty doesn't like me on a "personal level" ... but that doesn't shirk him of the responsibility to remain objective in these forums.

Not only do I not know who you are but I wasn't the one who hid your post.
Oh calm down Baltar. The content of your post was not so mind shattering that it adversely affects all of us that it got deleted.

' Wrote:EDIT: Admin/Moderator team ... you know my feelings on posts being deleted/hidden/etc without notices ... and you know I get pissed about it ... so why do you keep doing it?
Because it is their goal in life to upset you. That's it. They wake up in the morning and ask themselves, "What can I do to upset Baltar today?"
' Wrote:I didn't call you stupid or idiotic. I think you're a shining paragon of critical thought and razor sharp perception.

Did you read your own writing? Those two words are plain as the nose on my face. They aren't "insinuated" ... they are there for all to read.

Quote:I simply stated that the reason your post was removed (claiming that this rule was added as an attempt to discriminate against or harm the people of Mediterranean, Latino or otherwise Hispanic nations and cultures.) was because its premise was so flawed that the only terms that could possibly be applied to it and still retain their accuracy were stupid and idiotic.

Flawed or not ... I have a right to my opinion and to state it so. If you disagree with my position ... then say so. But don't freaking delete or hide my posts without notice. That tactic is completely dishonorable. The only way issues are resolved between people is to talk them out. You cannot do that when people arbitrarily ignore someone elses point. Del's comment to me satisfied my concern ... but you removing my post does nothing but increase the tension here.

Quote:I seek no quarrel with you good sir knight.
Not only do I not know who you are but I didn't hide your post.

Then unhide my post ... and if you feel need to pull out that one statement, then do so with green text. Nothing will infuriate me more than censorship to this level.
He wasn't calling YOU stupid, He called the POST stupid.

Secondly he didn't hide your post. and neither did I.
' Wrote:Oh calm down Baltar. The content of your post was not so mind shattering that it adversely affects all of us that it got deleted.

Its the principle here sir. Whether mind shattering or not ... it was my post ... my words ... and I have a right to post it with respect to the rules. Adding his calling me "stupid" and "idiotic" for the words used was completely uncalled for ... and incidentally IS a violation of the forum rules.
' Wrote:He wasn't calling YOU stupid, He called the POST stupid.

Secondly he didn't hide your post. and neither did I.

What's the difference. My post is linked to me. He calls what I say stupid ... its the same as calling me stupid.

Then who hid my post?

You know ... had the little green text replaced that one statement ... we wouldn't be carrying this thing on like this would we?
Pages: 1 2