Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Framerate Issues
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey, I wanted to see if anyone else is experiencing framerate issues in Discovery. As it stands now I can run the mod perfectly fine, but at random the game just decides to have a massive seizure and my framerate drops to probably about 2FPS.

Has anyone else experienced this issue? If so, have you found a solution? Thanks!

I'm running discovery with the mod enabled settings of:

View Distance: Medium (Default)
Spinning Planets: On
Player Engine Trails: Off
What are the specs of your computer?
I have a 2.7 GHZ Processor
Geforce 6600 (256mb DRR)
and 2gb of ram. I have never had issues with freelancer until this mod.:(
Tell us which systems and roughly where you're looking when your FPS drops. I'm specifically wondering if this happens in Newcastle, because I know other people have had issues in Newcastle (because it's so damn HUGE!)

**EDIT: Check me thinking I know something about this mod, I've only been here for < a month)
Sam's systems are the ones which tend to cause lag due to the amount of nebulae / mines and size of said systems.

I had such problems with my old 6600GT. My new x1950GT struggles some times too, but much less and only when using filters..
It really varies and happens just about anywhere at random. I can be in Gamma, Unknown, Delta.. Doesn't really matter what I'm facing. It's happened a few times in Liberty space aswell. Even texas right around planet houston. Got it passing through Kusari aswell. (Honshu, New Tokyo, ect)

I logged on after server restart earlier, and had massive amounts. And my PC was just restarted. It's getting irritating, but I'm coping.
You don't know irritated until you've played Sonic Adventure DX on my computer. It's playable, but locks up temporarily at a lot of seaside places.
...or when the internet connection drops to such a low frequency that you literally have to wait 4 minutes outside a jumpgate before being abled to use it - just to see your shield disappear and 5 enemies appear out of thin air, trying there best to annoy you even more.:angry:
I remember now what causes this. Its the spawning of the NPCs close to you. It happened loads on my old computer and I now remember why. Its because your computer is trying to generate all the stuff needed for a wing of NPCs in a heartbeat, which is what causes it. Dare I say you will never ever get that effect in Connecticut.

Its probably Microsoft and their inefficient hard code doing it... but I think that the volume of NPC patrols should be reduced to minimise this effect.

My old computer can barely play this mod now :crazy:.
Correct -- my PC always jams up for a couple of seconds, when a navy patrol comes into visual range for example. Same thing when I see players in capships. Once they're on screen the frame goes fine again. FL was never really designed to have capships floating about everywhere, which is why the engine chokes on it a bit.
Pages: 1 2