Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Stem Guns?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Stem Guns & Marsflyer gear.

What are the rules and regulations governing this EXTREMELY powerful equipment?
As far as I know, they got nerfed... but you still need very good RP for it. I can't think of anything that would work...
My advice would be to leave it on the Marsflyer and don't tkae it off and stick it on any other ship.

A while ago this was a big issue and how it was out of RP. So lets not start it again.

Verginix Out
I'm asking cuz I was dueling a player with a Spatial (GMG Ship) that was using almost all marsflyer stem guns.

That combined with the 28,000 Armor, 300 Bots & Bats, Heavy Fighter manuverability and 6/3 weapons mounts was alitle rough.. Almost got him, but nomatter what I threw at him with the 20 refie 150+ Damage marsflyer turrets, I couldn't get him taken down. Hell, the stem guns are still just as good if not better as the turrets I have on my cruiser.

He had to of spent a pretty penny on that ship configuration.
All I can say is the Spatail is a slow ship, I've taken one down in my bomber. It's slow turning and huge.... part... make for an ideal target for novas and other advice, don't get hit:P
Indeed, the Spatial is easy to kill as long as you stay behind it and pump it full of novas. To my knowledge the Marsflyer guns got nerfed. Otherwise I'd use them on my bloody battleship.
its unRP to have marsflyer guns on anything besides the marsflyer, sorry but you could get a sanction for that.

Oh yeah and sadly the spatial is so big and slow that a bomber can take one down easily. But capships and VHFs might struggle.
' Wrote:I'm asking cuz I was dueling a player with a Spatial (GMG Ship) that was using almost all marsflyer stem guns.

IMG ship people, IMG <.<

annyhow, lets not stick its stuff on each ship you can find, it WILL cause flaming, again.
recenelty fought Vet.Thomaseast[KING] ( a vet, not realy, king , riight:laugh:) and he had one, their not worth all the trouble ( he died because he was 2 certain he would win with his shield ) and after the fight it caused a huge rule talk, not fun.
There are three viable RP options for the use of marslyer guns

1(freelancer

2(Order

3(phantom
' Wrote:I'm asking cuz I was dueling a player with a Spatial (GMG Ship) that was using almost all marsflyer stem guns.

That combined with the 28,000 Armor, 300 Bots & Bats, Heavy Fighter manuverability and 6/3 weapons mounts was alitle rough.. Almost got him, but nomatter what I threw at him with the 20 refie 150+ Damage marsflyer turrets, I couldn't get him taken down. Hell, the stem guns are still just as good if not better as the turrets I have on my cruiser.

He had to of spent a pretty penny on that ship configuration.

The Player he is referring to is me ;)

First of all, those weapons weren't the marsflyer turrets, they were then marsflyer guns mark 3, so you wouldn't be able to equip those on your Cruiser. :cool:^^

Well, what can I say? The Spatial is a huge ship. If you have an agile fighter, it's like aiming at an elephant with a flamethrower, at a distance of 2 meters. (gotta be careful not to burn yourself ^^)
It's fairly easy to dodge a spatial, if you don't fly in a straight line while it is in engine kill. If it isn't, it's more like playing dart. Although the stem guns deal a considerable amount of damage, they also drain loads of energy, which only a Super Heavy Fighter like the spatial can supply. You could still mount them on a VHF but you'd be out of energy in notime. Its your choice ... agility vs. firepower.
It is simply the same deal as with VHF and LF.

Additionally you have to make a huge effort to get those stem guns. You need 2 Accounts and 10 mil per Gun, while the system is swarming with Nomads and you have to transfer the guns one by one. Believe me ... that’s certainly not a fun thing to do.

I also tried fighting a larger ship with the additional firepower of the stem guns, but the lack of agility and the spatial's huge hull made it virtually impossible to dodge a fighter killer configuration. I also lost against a RH Bomber equipped with 2 Novas.

All you get for having the trouble getting those guns and spending 50 mil on them + ship, a nice fighter for long time fighter duels but with great disadvantages in any other combat situation.

After all the Spatial is a SHF so its a class of its own and deserves/needs to be different and able to beat a VHF. And simply by mounting Cids and Nomads/Codes the ship wouldn't be any good.
Pages: 1 2