Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Help from an Admin please?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello. This: http://discoverygc.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=54756 has happened again. In a PM, Cannon said that getting a new account might help, so I made a new one with new characters, and with one of them, Jarvus, tried to go into Conn. Well, it didn't work, and I'm stuck there. So, er, ah, can someone, please, beam me out? Thanks.
I'm not an Admin- I'm just trying to help.

I got myself into a situation where my FL would crash before spalsh screen ( which I saw mentioned in your other thread).

I removed everything to do with FL (incl stuff like FL companion etc) and it fixed it.

I know that "just re-install" is a rubbish response, but honestly I tired to fix my problem by reinstalling a few times before realising I had to remove _everything_ to do with FL.

I also had a situation of being kicked shortly after log on, which turned out to be a corrupted mod file. Again, with the remove everything and start over idea.

Sorry if this is no help at all

Good Luck.
Thanks. I'll try that when I've got a free few hours. I appreciate the though.
Well, I took off the mod, restored backups to be safe, uninstalled it, reinstalled it, and put the mod back on. Still doesn't work. I'm going to try to download the mod again I guess. Maybe somehow my copy of the mod got corrupted.
Ok. I re-downloaded the mod, applied it. Still not working.

Am I missing something? To remove it, was there anything I had to do beyond going Freelancer-->Uninstall, and then after it was done, re-installing it from the disk?
When you uninstalled everything, did you clean out all the freelancer entries in the registry before you re-installed?

just thought I'd ask.

...but if you didn't, you really should 'cause you can't have a clean install without taking that step

use this little dohickey thingamabobber

it has always done the trick for me
I did not. Who knows if this is giving me the trouble, but I'll give it a shot tomorrow. I've never used the program before, how do you know what information in the registry is pertinent to Freelancer?
I had this issue with certain systems on 88 Flak... I can't remember how I fixed it...
I'd like to thank whoever moved me from Conn. Much thanks.

I've completely deleted everything, including the mod, uninstalled, cleaned out the registry, installed a clean Freelancer, re-downloaded the mod, re-unzipped it, re-mounted it, and Conn. still doesn't work for me. I don't understand it, it's so bizarre. Maybe it's my computer or something. I think I'll just never get to go there, unfortunately.

ps this time I tried it with a throwaway character, so no need to move me, thanks.
' Wrote:I'd like to thank whoever moved me from Conn. Much thanks.

I've completely deleted everything, including the mod, uninstalled, cleaned out the registry, installed a clean Freelancer, re-downloaded the mod, re-unzipped it, re-mounted it, and Conn. still doesn't work for me. I don't understand it, it's so bizarre. Maybe it's my computer or something. I think I'll just never get to go there, unfortunately.

ps this time I tried it with a throwaway character, so no need to move me, thanks.

Make a new account. Put a ship on there. Test if you can go to Connecticut and leave, with that account. If you experience the same behaviour, export the account with FLAM to an adf file, and PM me with a place where I can get that ADF file. Will test it from my system then.

A & L Guy
Pages: 1 2