Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Connection Problems
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I appear to be having a bit of a connection problem. When I try to connect it tells me the server may be offline or I might be having internet problems.

I assume it is the latter, as I can see the servers in the list and how many in each. It also has kicked me on a few random occasions, and when I try to reconnect, again I get this error. I can eventually get back in if I keep trying, I was just wondering if anyone knows of anything I can do to eliminate this problem. Other servers I can connect to and never see this issue.

If it is my connection, then I will carry on as I am no worries, more curious than anything if there is something I can do. I am in UK if that helps.
What is your Antivir and Firewall? It's probably the Reason why you cannot connect.
I am using Avira Antivirus and Comodo firewall. I will try disabling both when I get home and see if this clears up the problem, at work at the minute.

I'm curious as to why it would eventually let me in, just always this delay and error for a while each time I try to connect. Usually after 6 or 7 goes I'm in, then same again if I get disconnected.

Thanks for your help.
You need to get rid of Comodo. My friend had that one aswell. Even with switching it off. After he got a new Firewall it worked fine.
Yeah, your right I have switched to another and the problem is gone. Thanks for the help.
Can I just say that that is really weird - I'm using Comodo Internet Security Suite and have never found any problems... My only problem with that exact same error message was when I was using Vista >.< . Seriosuly that is the worst OS ever.....
Well, after hours of play the problem has arose again. Seems it was coincidence when I shut off comodo. Again, even with no firewall running I am getting this connection issue.

Happened just now, on server and game stopped responding. Tried to reconnect to server and now I can not get back in, I'll keep trying and hope it eventually lets me back in.
' Wrote:Well, after hours of play the problem has arose again. Seems it was coincidence when I shut off comodo. Again, even with no firewall running I am getting this connection issue.

Happened just now, on server and game stopped responding. Tried to reconnect to server and now I can not get back in, I'll keep trying and hope it eventually lets me back in.
Probably not related with yoru previous issue. Server just burped. Thrice.

A & L Guy
' Wrote:Well, after hours of play the problem has arose again. Seems it was coincidence when I shut off comodo. Again, even with no firewall running I am getting this connection issue.

If it is still not working: My friend also had the Comodo, even with shutting it off it didnt work. The problem only appears with Comodo + Vista. It worked as he deinstalled Comodo and got another Firewall.
Unistalled Comodo still having this connection issue guess I just live with it. No other server does it just this one who knows whats causing it. Took me 10mins to get in there now, but at least I'm in now.