Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Nova Torps?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Hey i've been out of playing for about six months, got a bomber again, wondering whats up with the Nova torps?

You have to hold still while you fire 'em? And are they pretty useless (too slow) against gunboats?
CD and Supernova are your weapons against a gunboat. Novas only against bigger targets. Or maybe transports. But let's wait for a rogue to voice his opinion as they can equip all of them at the same time
They are pretty useless if you either make them blow up you or they miss... So yeah, not great against anything Gunboat or smaller.

ALWAYS make sure you are a nice distance away from your target, so you don't blow yourself up. (Yes, I know from experience).

Just get a Supernova Antimatter Cannon.
I killed 2 gunships in one battle with my Praetorian with Nova torps...
They do about 165k hull damage,of course they are slow,just practice and you wil know the right moment to fire them,then they won't be slow:)
Novas are great against larger ships, but you have to learn to sub-target enemy ship components. Targe the shield generator first, once you blow that off you dont have to worry about their shields regenerating anymore. Can also blast off thrusters from cruisers, and a single nova can usually strip larger caps of their weapons.
I find Nova torpedos pretty much useless. You shoot at a gunboat with it, it can dodge it. If you shoot at battleship at it, it mostly does no damage even tho you target shield generator. Cruiser sized ships suffer tho.
' Wrote:I find Nova torpedos pretty much useless. You shoot at a gunboat with it, it can dodge it. If you shoot at battleship at it, it mostly does no damage even tho you target shield generator. Cruiser sized ships suffer tho.

They are useful mostly against cruisers/destroyers...
I almost blew Order Carrier shield with those,alone.
For gunboats you need more aiming skills.I know when are they going to evade it.Then i wait for a good chance to fire.
I even managed to hit BH Bomber while he was trying to run,i was lucky
Nova Torpedoes take a little more acuity to kill Gunboats than just fire and forget.
The key to hitting a gunboat with them is to fire before they start and EK turn to make a pass at you.

In the time it takes them to EK and turn - the missile will be heading straight at them.

Besides, when it comes to Gunboats I find that bomber guns are equally effective.
Basicly Novas are good but difficult to use I cannot use them properly too.They are pretty good against Battleships and Cruisers. Or may be against some big transport ships too.
How you can sub-target?I know that is a offtopic but I want to know how.
Pages: 1 2 3 4