Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To: LN High Command
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Freeport 4 Comm System Initialized
Sending transmission...
Sender: Masayuki Minamoto
To: Liberty Navy High Command
Subject: Attack in Manhattan Orbit

Today, as I'm sure your pilots will report on their return, there was a large NTF-HF joint attack in orbit of Manhattan, which I participated in.

Go ahead. Get the shouts of "traitor" and "terrorist" out of your systems now.

Thank you.

I feel some background information is necessary, however. To begin with, it was a strike at the Ingham specifically; other Navy units were targeted solely because they interfered. At least, before I was shot down and forced to retreat to my backup Falcon on Manhattan. I do not know how the battle fared after that.

Tonight, I took off from Manhattan and started talking to the captain of a Sunbucks transport. I also purchased an iced coffee and a blueberry muffin. Very good service. There, I saw TheOrangeButterfly in mid-range orbit, and the dreadnought LNS-Ingham nearby. Now, the Orange Butterfly is a Pilgrim, but I have seen those used for legitimate business, and I wasn't picking up any unusual life signs on board, so I let it go...

Then the slaver admitted to being a slaver. A Navy transport was nearby, as well as the Ingham. I do not know the details of your capital ship operations, but even if you don't fire on transports with capital ships, it seemed bizarre that the Ingham never called in reinforcements. Instead, when the Butterfly hooked up with a known Slaver's Union transport and began attempting to auction slaves in high orbit of Manhattan, the Ingham was content to taunt a lone Xeno bomber, callsign Duct.Tape.

As you can guess from my name, I do not get along with the Xenos, but there were more important matters. LNS-Champion recognized this, and attempted in vain to get the slavers to surrender their slaves. Growing fed up with the lack of Navy response, I called a nearby NTF patrol to reclaim the slaves. Eventually, we were successful, and while the slaves were en route to Freeport 4, the Hellfire Legion and Neo-Terran forces mentioned retaliation against the sickeningly-idle Ingham. I joined in.

If, after all of this, I must still remain a wanted criminal, so be it. Honor dictates that I act in support of the innocent and punish the guilty, and so I did.

On that note, I feel that the captain of LNS Champion deserves praise for acknowledging the primary threat, and for engaging our strike force in defense of his fellow soldiers. Misguided though some of them are, he acted honorably and should be commended.

End of transmission.