Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Hello!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey everyone i'm realy new to to the Discovery RP server but i have played freelancer for as long as i can remember.

I discovered Discovery :) mod for about 1 or 2 years ago but i havn't played on the server until now, and i figured out that i should join this great community and maybe with some of the veterans advices improve my roleplaying skills.

that's it for now and cya in Space:D
Fresh from I *facewall*, I send you greetings, oh new person to the Disco madness. Come on in, be welcome and have fun.
Welcome Markidu! I'm sure you're already checking out the rules, but also take a look at the factions pages to see what major trends there are in server RP. Also, when you're in space, a good initial exercise is to either look up an [Angel] who will advise you on getting started, or buy a small trading vessel and find a corporate trader from an area you're interested, and tag along with them.

You're always welcome with Gateway, and there are many others who would say the same.

Have fun!
Hi..... *walks off*
Welcome to Discovery. As people have already said, the [Angels] are there to help newbies. I'm amazed that nobody has told you to read the rules yet, so you'd better do that, since some of them aren't completely based on common sense.

Joining a faction can get you quite a large boost, since factions generally help to improve your RP and also will often give you a well equipped ship or cash to buy one with. ( The BAF gave me 20 million to set up a fully armed and armoured Templar, and Gateway) gave me 10 million to set up a transport). However, factions do have one downside, which is that you need to be a good RPer before they let you have a ship larger than a fighter or bomber (although it's usually best to learn how to RP before getting any ship larger than that).

Well, good luck out there, and remember, things which are smaller than your ship can be scary too, especially if you decide to take a Kusari battleship for a spin in Leeds (the BAF| do bomberswarms. They hurt)
Welcome to Disco!:yahoo:
Welcome, read the rules and ask questions if you got some!
Welcome! :yahoo:
Welcome!