Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: I come in peace
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello.

Thought it was a good idea to introduce myself, so here goes.

I played Freelancer around the time it was launched all those years back, completed the story missions and was at a lose of what to do next. So I uninstalled it and it's been rotting on a shelf ever since. Decided to pick it up again for some reason and enjoyed it alot.

I couldn't get it to work on Vista at first, so off I went to Goggle. While searching for a solution I came across moddb.com. It had a mod called Discovery. Downloaded it and loved all the new stuff available. Haven't played anything but singleplayer so far, 'cause I thought I might wanted to get to know the mod a little better before heading for the official server. And I've never rollplayed before. Never. So you might not see me around for a while yet:P

Well, I'm off to shoot stuff in the Raven's Talon. See you!
Welcome to Disco!

Read the rules, learn to role play in a fighter/bomber first, and you'll be fine.

Tons of people are getting Freelancer out of the old draw again... Good to hear it.:)
Once you know the kind of roleplay you want to do, ask if it's OK to do it.
If so, go for it.
Make a Bounty Hunter:)nice comfy area to roam around, and I could take you under my wing. Remember first: roleplay means that you don't have names like leet.hax0r or something. If you're making a character, think what you want. Then name him/her. John.Smith or something would be a good name for a fighter, for example. Start small, and build on what you have. And please for the love of god... no 'lol' in system chat, and correct grammar makes a very good first impression.

At least, that's the consensus of the community;)Best of luck.
Welcome to Discovery. I'd suggest taking a look at the rules, which have their own forum, and getting yourself a decent trade ship quickly (you can transfer cash between your characters or any other characters using the /givecash command, pirates will love you for it). I'd also suggest joining an official faction, since they are good for bringing you up to speed on RP and often they give you money or a ship to help you start up. As Zapp said, a normal sounding name is a good starting point. Just because you don't have a very amazing sounding name doesn't mean you won't be accepted by the community. Some really good RPers have simple names, like Esther Carson or James Hobart, and often an over-1337 name makes you seem like you're not here for the RP.

Good luck out there, and remember, there are often blockades between houses at war.
Welcome to discovery.

As others have stated go read the rules and some histroy of the server if you have the time.

i recomend asking a ship with the tag [The_Angels] if you need help. Feel free to give me a PM also if you would like to ask any thing.

-Kiori
Welcome, Seems like all the important things were said, so have fun here!
Welcome! :yahoo: