Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: This weeks hypothetical scenario
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
This is a rather easy thing to do, NPC's from the game are removed for whatever reasoning that my mind it too stressed to reason with.

How would the server in your eyes be without NPC's with the player count being below the 160 count that usually triggers their use.

Opinions?
People would RAEG less. THe Server would have less OORP repping to avoid titan swarms.
In the really active systems, no differnce, as in new york they have next to no impact anyway other than the odd cap patrol.

Iota becomes swarmed with people sent there to 'become a nomad lol'

Camtheman posts RAGE that he cant harvest nomad NPCs all day long

the server has less stress

Guard systems become even more of a joke/shortcut (unless platforms that instarape BSs are added at each JH)

folks cant harvest NPCs during combat for regens

pew pew players get banned a little more often due to no NPCs to pew pew

edit: Oh, and Cam gets a new sig/av/tittle crying about it too proably.
NOOOOOO!!

That's my primary source of income! I pirate NPC convoys in the Edge worlds.
' Wrote:NOOOOOO!!

That's my primary source of income! I pirate NPC convoys in the Edge worlds.
Independent worlds.

And, yeah, don't wreck our money tree pl0x.
The game becomes just that little more boring.
As long as there's stuff to whine about, the game is at least interesting.
In my mind, that would detract from the gameplay environment. Even at the busiest times on the server, people tend to be drawn to a few key systems. Thus, the game becomes even more abandoned.

My suggestion? make all the Npc's (excepting Nomad's, Wilde, and Guard's) low level. Less angst yet still adding to the "atmosphere".
Can we just leave NPC's in guard systems and in missions but take them out of the general systems and stuff like that?
I vote they get turned off for a week or so, to see what impacts it really has.
Pages: 1 2 3 4