Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Some Questions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello everyone ! :)
I'm pretty much a newbie here, so I'll need some info.

1) What's the difference between an Outcast ID and an Outcast Guard ID, except that the first one can trade and the second one can use all the capital ships. I mean if you use an Outcast Guard ID, can you operate outside outcast space?

2) I've maximized outcast guard rep, how can I change my IFF from outcast to outcast guard?

3) If I meet a corsair pilot or a corsair ally (hogosha, gaian, order) can I attack them on sight, or I should first demand payment, etc ?

4) What's the difference of typing in system chat with or without the use of the command: /l
Moreover, what's the command to change name ?

5) If you're a trader and a pirate chases you and you flee from a system (without dying, etc), can you return in this system again ?

6) Can I use "Universal" Armor Upgrade on transports ?

Edit: 7) If I hit a wreck and get a codename, I am unable to get it one more time with the same character? The same goes with "regural" wrecks?

Thanks in advance for your answer :$
Ima forget the first one, cos I'm not too sure, but:

2) Use /droprep to lose the Outcast IFF, then it should change to Guard

3) It's typically a good idea to RP a bit. Throw back and forth some insults, before you engage. Always have an engagement notice.

4) /l Is local chat. So only people in a certain range can hear you. I think it's like 15k or something. Hence it's darker blue text colour. System, is obviously what goes to the entire system.

/renameme [Name] is the command. It costs 2mill and you can only do it once every seven days on that character.

5) Definately. You can return even if you die, as long as it's only to trade

6) Yes. You can use it on whatever you want.
Rules - You need to read them all one day.
http://discoverygc.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=4040
Thanks bob for your quick answer !! :D

' Wrote:Rules - You need to read them all one day.
http://discoverygc.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=4040

' Wrote:5) If you're a trader and a pirate chases you and you flee from a system (without dying, etc), can you return in this system again ?

If you are refering to this, I've read the rules but that happened when an AFA pilot chased me, I evaded him and returned to the system I was before and afterwards that guy pmed me & told me this rule.

' Wrote:2) Use /droprep to lose the Outcast IFF, then it should change to Guard

example:
1st in the rep list: Outcasts (flashing)
2nd in the rep list: should be Outcast Guard, so after I /droprep the 1st, Outcast Guard will be the flashing one, right? Or Guard can be in the 3rd or 4th position and can be still the next one which will be flashing ?

I forgot to enlist one last question:

7) If I hit a wreck and get a codename, I am unable to get it one more time with the same character? The same goes with "regural" wrecks?

Someone please answer to the 1st Q i made, which is still unanswered.

Thanks again Bob :)
I'm gonna answer all your questions once again, although some of them are already answered, but it never hurts to rewrite those answers again, to have em all in one post;)

Quote:1) What's the difference between an Outcast ID and an Outcast Guard ID, except that the first one can trade and the second one can use all the capital ships. I mean if you use an Outcast Guard ID, can you operate outside outcast space?

Basically, Guard IDs are used for Capital ship, and In-RP for Veteran Pilots who fly smaller ships. There is no certain Server Rule or Outcast Law that prevents you from going to, for example, New York with an Outcast Guard ID Sabre - as far as I'm aware - But It's a bit 'lolwuttish'. Because Outcast Guards are meant to be protecting Outcast Core Spaces, not fooling around and throwing kissy kissy with Liberty Navy.

Quote:2) I've maximized outcast guard rep, how can I change my IFF from outcast to outcast guard?

Open your Rep List (Press F8) and scroll down the list, Use /droprep and relog each time after you do it, till you get Outcast Guard flashing.

Quote:3) If I meet a corsair pilot or a corsair ally (hogosha, gaian, order) can I attack them on sight, or I should first demand payment, etc ?

See This
Demanding Credits or Cargo is necessary for Trade Vessels, so if you see a Corsair Tagged Pirate Transport, Yes, you should demand something before attacking (it can even be a RP-Demand, like leaving the system) but if you run into a Titan, then you just have to write 2 or 3 lines (preferably more) before engaging.

Quote:4) What's the difference of typing in system chat with or without the use of the command: /l

If you use /s, or simply type in System chat, Anyone in system will see what you write, but if you use /l only those in your Scanner Range (The Box in lower Right part - Not Cargo Scan Range) will see what you've said.

Use /renameme <Name>, You can use this command Once a Week per Character, and it costs 2million, also, No Spaces in the name, use _ or . or any other allowed sign instead.

Quote:5) If you're a trader and a pirate chases you and you flee from a system (without dying, etc), can you return in this system again ?

Yes, You can. Even if you die you can come back again, Read Here, explanation of Rule 5.7:

Transports/Freighters/Liners which have been killed in a PvP fight may return to the system in which they were destroyed but only for purposes of moving through the system or for trade within that system. They may only act in a purely defensive manner and may not resume acts of piracy.

Quote:6) Can I use "Universal" Armor Upgrade on transports ?

You can use UA armors on Any ship, even Capital ships, but as Cap Armors cost Less, it's better to use a Cap2 (8mils, 2.4x Armor) on a Cruiser instead of UA8 (16mils, 2.5x Armor)

Quote:7) If I hit a wreck and get a codename, I am unable to get it one more time with the same character? The same goes with "regural" wrecks?

As far as I know, You can't get any wreck more than once per character. - Correct me if I'm wrong, I'm not much into wreck hunting after all ...
' Wrote:1) What's the difference between an Outcast ID and an Outcast Guard ID, except that the first one can trade and the second one can use all the capital ships. I mean if you use an Outcast Guard ID, can you operate outside outcast space?

Appart from caps and trading, no difference.

And since no restrictions are specified on the ID, both can go anywhere in their ZOI withouth any problems.

Quote:2) I've maximized outcast guard rep, how can I change my IFF from outcast to outcast guard?

Use the command /droprep

Quote:3) If I meet a corsair pilot or a corsair ally (hogosha, gaian, order) can I attack them on sight, or I should first demand payment, etc ?

Your choice here, of course, you can ask money and say him to get out of the place or just kill him, but dont forget that discovery is an RP server and therefore, you need to RP before engaging.

Of course, you shall not ask money, receive it then kill the guy.
Not only its just low, its also against the rules.

Quote:4) What's the difference of typing in system chat with or without the use of the command: /l

To change your name you do: /renameme newname

Although you can only do so once per 7 days and it cost 2 millions.

The command /l will only transmitt the message to everyone that you can see on your scanners while if you dont use the command, it will transmit it to everyone in the system.

Quote:5) If you're a trader and a pirate chases you and you flee from a system (without dying, etc), can you return in this system again ?

Traders can go back in a system at any time, even if they lost a combat there. But take note the guy that pirated you can still pirate you again and again and again.
Pirate transports that are pirating can't go back to their pirating duties there for the next 4 hours.

Quote:6) Can I use "Universal" Armor Upgrade on transports ?

You can even use cap armor if you want

Quote:Edit: 7) If I hit a wreck and get a codename, I am unable to get it one more time with the same character? The same goes with "regural" wrecks?

From what I know, it depends, sometimes its yes, other times its no.
My questions are answered. Thanks to all of you :ylove: