Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Battleship missiles turrets
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Greetings, i have noticed a little bug (?) in the missiles turrets for battleship class.
When they reach the target, they do not explode, and doing no damage. I've tested it in Single player and in Discovery of Discovery server, i dont know if is the same in the official server, just take a look.

Thanks in advance, fly safe!

EDIT: Not the flak turrets, the normal type.
Did you shoot them at someone who still had their shield up? Explosives don't do damage to shielded targets unless they catch the shield generator in the explosion radius- large targets are virtually immune to explosives of all kinds while they still have their shields.

Same issue brought up here, but with Novas instead of battleship missiles. Can you confirm whether or not you were hitting someone's shield?
If it's a shielded target, you have to sub-target the shield hardpoint for capital ship missiles (or nova torpedoes) to do any damage. Against some larger targets, you also have to hit the enemy from a specific angle with the missile. If you hit a larger battleship from the front or back with a missile, even with the shield subtargeted, it often wont do any damage.
Ah, yes, i was shooting a shielded targhet.
Thanks for the information all