Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hi! i'm new on this forum so hello to everyone!

i started playing freelancer again after some time and i checked the net out for some mods and i found discovery. i downloaded some save games also (didn't feel like playing all from the start). when i went to the omega,omicron,..., systems i couldn't take any missions-there was a message "no missions available. come back when you are a more advanced pilot...". i am lvl 38 (max,isn't it) and still can't get a job. how do i solve this? (except spending most of my time killing everything that moves) and i am playing single player!!!

one more thing. the readme says that the battleships encounters are enabled-i saw only nomad battleships after playing for some time in unknown systems. i hoped to see some great houses battleships roaming the space...

that's it... :)
Yeah, your new to Discovery... Oh, Welcome !!:D

Level 38... not maximum anymore - here we have pilots roaming space that's up to level 92 (myself on 62 currently). You need more experience to be able to play those missions... alot more, and most likely a better ship.

Almost all houses have battleships now... you just have to Discover it for yourself (look in shipyards...:rolleyes:). But why are you still hanging around in SP, you have to come and join us all in Cyberspace.

Anyway, welcome...:cool:
how do i advance to level 39 or higher in SP? about the ship- i have an avenger VHF and i like it. kills everything that i've encountered so far... :$i know about the battleships that can be purchased in shipyards but i don't like them-often get stuck in asteroids or are unable to undock from small stations (and cost a fortune) so i don't use them (and in SP they are waaaay to powerfull so the game is boring). i was actually asking why don't i see a etc. liberty gunship controlled by AI in liberty space so i can have some fun taking it on?
Ohh, that. Your ship is fine then (but you can consider armor upgrading a bit later on). To advance in levels... credits, credits and your worth in terms of... yeah, credits !!

I don't know much about 4.83 SP in general (jumped directly to the servers after upgrading ot 4.83), but online their is alot of system Battleships patrolling, assisted by two or three gunships - and sometimes a couple of fighters (nothin' boring about that !! Trust me !! :cool:)

Take time to become familiar with the forums and posts - you get alot of info out of them - that's what I did (especially when it comes to the server rules).

If memory serves it's impossible to break 38 in SP. Don't even bother; big waste of time. COME PLAY WITH US!

Oh, hello and welcome, by the way.
Welcome to the best FL mod in existence

Sp is good to reminisce or (after setting a GOOD amount of cash) testing a new ship.

Heh, I quit open SP when got stuck on Cadiz in a transport...
tnx for everything but i still haven't got an answer to my original question:

what do i need to do so i can acess the missions in border systems? (becoming "a more advanced pilot")
is it killing many enemys (if it is how many)?
doing a mission?
something other than this?

as for joining the online discovery-i don't have enough time nor experience so that will wait... :(

(and sorry for grammar...i'am from croatia...)
Dude, the experience is what you gain when joining online gaming, not an already-must-have...

And I actually did answer your questions... to play those missions, you need to be at a higher level, to get to a higher level, you'll have to go online (if what Epyon said is true) and you need credits - alot of them.

What some (if not most) start-up pilots do is trade till they can buy themselves a proper ship, and then do missions up to where you become a level 50 or so pilot - then they will give you missions... against battleships and such...

And when it comes to the time issue - I at first though that as well (time being the most important thing that exists).

Trust me, you'll make time...:cool:
Yup you carnt get above rank 38 in single player.

Trust me when i say that if you liked FL single player then you will love Freelancer/Discovery online.

It takes no more time to play online than it does playing single player.

All you need to play on the MP server is an internet connection.

Theres alot of players out there that help the new guys when asked so you will no be alone.
I started playing online and didn't really even talk to anyone else for a while. MP online really isn't very different from SP, but at least you have the option to play with others. The Discovery universe is so incredibly big compared to the original, you don't even have to try to avoid people. Sometimes, it's pretty darn hard to figure out where they are if you are looking for them!