Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: A thought i had...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
As a personal note, i think that the current conflict should be AW vs SDF only. Not RM, TG, IG, LS, P, UGTC, etc... involved into it. Just AW vs SDF...
But all faction leaders have taken deffensive or ofensive positions... restricting systems for other players, firing on sight... Im sick of being asked to leave every time i try to go to a system outside AW or allied space to explore it...

Or instead....

We could declare all current wars over. And start something like olimpic battle games. With a team representing every faction... the winner team can get a sum of money (that could be obtained if all factions put some creds in a commom fund, that would be the prize to the winner team), weps, or something as a prize...
That way, we all can fly freely through Sirius, and have all the fights in the arena... a way to keep the peace, and the battles at the same time...
Categories could be:
Fighter battles, BS battles, Fleet battles (the best strategy wins the match)..., etc...

I would like to hear comments on that... And suggestions if you have any...
What's your IQ? Cause that's genius!
Hey I like this.

NATO routinely runs "War Games" in the Med. Sea against various EU countries (Usually the Greeks or Turks) to keep battle ready status.

I love this idea. I say we go for it :)
Actually, that removes all of the role play from the war, which is the main reason wars are fought on FL servers. Its more like a game than a war. Without your idea, there is no politics of governing bodies, no worries for leaders of factions, AND no role play for those actually in the war. Its more like a gladitorial arena than all out war. When the Romans have wars, did they go into a colluseum each side with an army and fight? No, they did it everywhere.
So, I change my previous expression of liking to this one of against it. Anyone who plays the servers for the RP experience would miss out. And that could be 90% of the people on the server.

And then what about pirates? And mercenaries? And bounties? And Enemies in your territory? What then?

But something like a bi-weekly to monthly Olympic Tournament would actually be fun, as long as it doesn't replace the wars.
Yeah I agree with Virus but....

This war was between the SDF/LS and the AW but now everyone has become involved and will not let people go to their teritories.

But a tornament would be cool too. Differant types of rounds are good especially fleet battles they're the best i think.
Quote:Im sick of being asked to leave every time i try to go to a system outside AW or allied space to explore it...
I wonder who gave players right to do this. If they want to attack you, they might do it, but restrict access to systems... that sounds like nonsense to me, and I'm definitely going to stop that.

If someone here wants full control, I suggest that all factions will have only 1 home systems, all others just 'controlled by', nothing more. No restricted access even for enemies - if ships of controlling faction cannot stop the intruder. And I'm thinking of eliminating taxation system too.

As our server cannot boast a huge online count, so I see no point in restrictions.

Quote:the winner team can get a sum of money (that could be obtained if all factions put some creds in a commom fund, that would be the prize to the winner team), weps, or something as a prize...
But - getting systems as a prize is a better motivation. And politics is interesting.

But arena idea sounds interesting too. What do you think about making a special 'arena area' somewhere? And if yes, where should it be and what should be inside of it?
What about haveing a new race course for fighters to fly around. Even bigger than the one in Dublin with differant places to fly through.

You could pay so much to enter and who ever wins gets all the money :)
"But arena idea sounds interesting too. What do you think about making a special 'arena area' somewhere? And if yes, where should it be and what should be inside of it?"

let's make a whole new "arena" sys with every kind of surrounding there, maybe with a few in-system jumpholes and tradelandes to make it really interesting in a tactical way too. there's one entry wich is a littel more far away from all the other stuff so that noone will use it by mistake. there's a "badlands"-area and a "unknown"-area ... you know with that kind of rocks... and so on
hey, and can someone make a new background? it should look like the lines in a jet to navigate and to know in what direction you fly and wheres up and wheres down!

btw: i think it's actually no THAT genius, because i already had the idea but i thought it wouldn't make much sense. but if more people like it... ok :)
Quote:I wonder who gave players right to do this. If they want to attack you, they might do it, but restrict access to systems... that sounds like nonsense to me, and I'm definitely going to stop that.

If someone here wants full control, I suggest that all factions will have only 1 home systems, all others just 'controlled by', nothing more. No restricted access even for enemies - if ships of controlling faction cannot stop the intruder. And I'm thinking of eliminating taxation system too.

As our server cannot boast a huge online count, so I see no point in restrictions.
that what im talking about. All faction leaders have restricted access to their space to ships that belongs to other factions... So flying through sirius is a nightmare... I dont mind to engage other players if they attack me... But i dont like the idea of loosing 20 codenames, or a ship full of weps, just because someone thinks that i cannot enter that system....
Quote:But - getting systems as a prize is a better motivation. And politics is interesting.

But arena idea sounds interesting too. What do you think about making a special 'arena area' somewhere? And if yes, where should it be and what should be inside of it?
Yes, the winner gets x system for their faction... Sounds better than the money idea...

The area could be a zone delimited by buoys with some weapons plataforms inside.. I took the idea from "Tachyon: the fringe". A game i consider "grandfather" of freelancer...
On this game there was a zone called "The Arena", where combat tournaments took place. You fought one or more enemies and if you won, they gave you money. The dificulty was incremental, the more you fight, the harder the enemy would be...
The arena area was a diamond-shaped area delimited by buoys. Inside it there was some threats, like mines and weapon arrays, so you had to take care of ships, plataforms, mines, etc...
i guess we can make an arena area inside a system, or a whole system (a small one) dedicated to the games...
Inside it we could put a lot of elements (nebulas, jump holes, planets, tradelanes, etc...) strategically placed for the player to use during the combat.. (As typi said, a lot of surroundings so the battle is not a simple PvP in open space)
Also, the system should have no NPC's... it is quite annoying being attacked by 5 or 6 of them while fighting another player... (or maybe, it could be a zoner system)
It is true. Only arena fighting = no roleplay. But i thjink there should be bothj arena and wars. Revenant told me he would like a system called ,,The Arena", controlled by The Transilvania Gladiators :P :P :P . But it's just a suggestion. Anyway, arena fighting is cool, but not for solving wars like thjis one.
Pages: 1 2 3