Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Thoughts on 'Sentinel Liberation'?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey folks, to those who have taken any notice, the LPI Sentinels that are the AI fighters, bombers and in one case a gunboat are going on a good old fashioned AI rampage against their masters, known as Liberty.

But, I am at least attempting to be different in the fact that they want to be just independent and will not harm any civilian traffic unless provoked. They value human life, but treat Liberty forces especially the Naval Forces and certain LPI elements with the utmost contempt. This is due to the Nomad experimentation or to them (to aid in secrecy to the public) as species #231. The Sentinels now believe (thanks to Sentinel 167's input which was let loose upon Sirius) that the Liberty government, or more specifically the research elements that deal with the Nomads must be eliminated at all costs, even their own units.

References if you want any are the following:
Sentinel Liberation Transmission
Sentinel 101 RP Link - Takes you to Liberation Transmission in-depth
LPI HQ attacked

I'll be updating the story as I go, but I want to expand it to maybe a mini-faction or group in the near future, however, the issue with the ID's is the biggest problem. Liberty weapons and craft with rogue AI, the AI ID comes to mind, but for now I think Mercenary ID's need to be implemented to avoid any rule breaking. I've told Trackpad whats going on so I think I'm an enemy of the LPI now :yahoo:

*NOTE: Have it Boss! You conscript me without my consent into the LPI and I shall have my revenge! (This didn't influence the Sentinel RP, but it is a nice bonus all the same)

If anyone wants to sometime create a Sentinel character, feel free, let me know so I can make a list then I can organize the event I have planned in the future to unleash the Sentinel X01.

Some can call this a shameless ad for players, but I will make a thread aiming for it in the future, but it can't be in-RP since its AI units, also, I need to trade A LOT to make this happen, so time is an issue at the moment.

Feedback would be loved to improve this, and give the Liberty forces a good but somewhat RP fight.
I have one concern. I haven't read your stories so I'm sorry if the question is already answered there, but I'm just wondering how the Sentinels, who are basically ships, make more ships. Its not like you can make a ship with another ship. :/
' Wrote:I have one concern. I haven't read your stories so I'm sorry if the question is already answered there, but I'm just wondering how the Sentinels, who are basically ships, make more ships. Its not like you can make a ship with another ship. :/
That is to be revealed in a later event.

The Liberty forces did produce a medium quantity of units in roleplay, there just hasn't been enough people to roleplay as them. The Sentinels were to be used in the War, but I'm yet to finish my story known as Operation Bit-Byte which shows why they aren't being used as Naval units. But in the larger scale of things, they're to be used as fodder against Rheinland forces to surpress and hassle the enemy forces while the real units do their damage elsewhere.
Makes sense to me Fletcher. Sounds like could be some intersting RP to keep track of or watch ingame.
I approve.
As soon as I can get back in game, I'm getting 3 Sentinels. One's 142, a Libby that's very logical, will name itself "Delta". One's a Gunboat (Fletcher gave me the go-ahead to be 201-Beta) that's very friendly, somewhat strange considering it's in such a big ship (comparatively), it will name itself "Sheila". The last one is an Upholder (347), somewhat psychopathic, name is "O'Mally"

(PS, kudos to anyone who gets the references)
You would! I get the damned reference:lol: Darn RvB...
' Wrote:You would! I get the damned reference:lol: Darn RvB...

Hey, there my three favorite AI characters from RvB. I couldn't do Lopez, since most of the humor is because no one can understand him. :lol:
You've probably sensed my plan on attempting to get Artificial intelligence working with Humans to protect Humanity against Species #231 (The Nomads) By my recent transmissions. :laugh:

So, this pretty much has my approval.
' Wrote:You've probably sensed my plan on attempting to get Artificial intelligence working with Humans to protect Humanity against Species #231 (The Nomads) By my recent transmissions. :laugh:

So, this pretty much has my approval.
You will have to wait my boy, a plan is afoot! :nono: