Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Tag/IFF/ID woes, I need advice
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Ok, I should have thought this through a little bit more... yet I'm rarely able to do that.

For those keeping track, the Sentinels are rogue now and I am in need of new tag, ID and IFF to stay within the rules without resorting to Special RP paperwork.

The Sentinels are anti-LPI and LN, while they wish to exterminate The Nomads at any cost. While using the leftover Liberty equipment they've acquired.

I may migrate the weaponry in the future, but the AI cores are kind of embedded into the ships, and need Illinois (LPI) technicians to safely remove them. This isn't an excuse not to migrate ships, its the RP I'm working with.

The Sentinels have no political agenda, or real motives other than survival and the safety of mankind as a whole, but are extreme in their methods of carrying it out.

Ideas?
http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=tYh...amp;output=html

Find a cell thats white to LN tech use.

Get that ID, get LPI/LN/LSF offical faction head to ok your using their tech with that ID.

EDIT: I did it for you.

BHG
BAF
BPI
Bretonian Privater
Freelancer
IND
IMG
Merc

Those are all white to LN tech on the chart.

Solution: get merc/FL ID and FL/IFF, get Joe or another lib faction head to say you can keep the sentinels with those IDs

also..........

/thread
Well none of those ID's really fit, but I've told people in the LPI what I'm doing, guess I'll stamp a few things out and answer their questions.
' Wrote:Well none of those ID's really fit, but I've told people in the LPI what I'm doing, guess I'll stamp a few things out and answer their questions.

Well unless you go for special operative ID, this is the only way I see to do it w/o involving a SRP.

That said they oughta just make a "Fletcher" ID.

Quote:Pilot carrying this ID is Fletcher:

* His ship choice fits his RP, dont cry about it.
Allowed ships: Everything

Carrying unmounted IDs in your ship, as well as not equipping an ID, is a serious crime.
IFFless AI ID. I know you said you'd rather not do SRP stuff, but that is likely the best way to go.
' Wrote:IFFless AI ID. I know you said you'd rather not do SRP stuff, but that is likely the best way to go.

That WOULD be best, but he's wanting to avoid a SRP.
' Wrote:That WOULD be best, but he's wanting to avoid a SRP.
Aye true, I want to avoid paperwork and the need to fulfil the criterion on all the ships, and future ships since there WILL be more to come.
how about AI ID and IFF,

since you're a rogue now, or go for Liberty rogues
' Wrote:since you're a rogue now, or go for Liberty rogues

rogue AI =/= Liberty Rogue

' Wrote:how about AI ID and IFF,

He wants to avoid SRP, AI ID requires SRP.
Join the order? They hate Navy etc and nomads. You could RP that once you became allies of them they transferred the AI machines into order ships (the name allures me). On the basis that they would now fight for the order? Sounds plausible to me. Although I haven't read your RP.
Pages: 1 2