Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Question about the X-shuttle
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
The X-shuttle is one of my most favorite ships. It's not agile, or powerful, but it's got a flare and a style that makes this ship fit perfectly into Freelancer .

But, one little thing about it that just doesn't look right ,in my opinion, is the transparent canopy of the cockpit. It looks as if the pilot is just sitting in an open hole of the ship, flying in space . . .

I wanted to bring this up in case there would be any future plans to change the looks of any ships in the next Mod release.

Here is a Pic. of the X-shuttle in game to show you what I'm talking about. What does the community think about it? Or, is my graphic settings at a strange setting that makes it look like this on my game? . .

http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x2/Ro...reen13.jpg
Needs a model update...

Better smoothed off, better textures.

It's alright.
Not to mention the outer engines are attached with what looks like a sliver of metal to the main body O_o
My NLH began his roots in an X-shuttle heheh, interesting ship to try and use. He's a runaway, the X-shuttle was originally his parents. I'll always look back at that ship fondly as it played role in my beginnings here.
i havent seen any since .85, and i eyerolled back in .84, when one of the few came across me, so remove it, it wont hurt.
For the few days an intermediate Freighter/Transports is needed, next to all players choose the camara, or bypass the hole range and go for AT or Gull.
It was my first ship evar. (not including the defender or whatever from the newby days)

Traveled Sirius with an adv transport shield back in 83. Successfully ran the blockade against freelancers at Crete. Then joined that blockade.

What I like most about this ship is the green trail. Looks very unique among the other factions. that and many of the guns are set inside the ship. Small details, but important imo. It's the small details that attract me to certain ships.
I still have one. It's a great ship to just fly for kicks. I like the model, but I wouldn't mind a few upgrades and your cockpit ideas are good.
Ah..the X-Shuttle. It was Doc's first trading ship. I never had a complaint with it and I thought it was kool. I suppose a face lift might do it some good.
I had one in .84, pretty awful ship, but fond memories.

I hear it can carry a torp now and has a large power capacity?
give it some guns, then it will be good ship.
Pages: 1 2