Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Ammo Exploit
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I don't know whether anybody else noticed this or not, but there's a pretty large exploit with ammo. Specifically the most expensive ones, like the Nova Torpedoes. When you buy the Nova Torp launcher, you get 10 free ammo. The thing is, if you don't exit the base, you can sell that launcher for the same price, and also sell those 10 units of ammunition, earning yourself 60k.
I know that people most likely won't bother with this, but still...
It doesnt seem much on the first look, but if you count one can earn a lot of credits without even leaving the base.
And most importantly it's from nothing after you have the money for a Nova Launcher.
I thought that the ammo was included with the price of the launcher? Hmm, an interesting conundrum. How can we fix it?
I do not think the original developers of the game ever thought they would have ammunition being as expensive as the Nova torpedo is...most likely why that was overlooked or ignored (500 credits from a normal missle ammo set is nothing)

But with this....just get the 2 or so million for the launcher.

Do this 20 times and you make just over a million credits in probably a minute tops
To be honest... This has to be done 100 times to get anything worth bothering about. Just leave it. As the above post says, if you have the money for a Nova launcher, 60k is nothing.
Bad news.

You need to observe more closely. There is no easy cash to be made this way.

The buy price for the Nova torpedo launcher is 2,180,000. That includes 10 torps at 6k each.
The sell price for the launcher, provided you don't leave the base, is 2,120,000. Thats 60k less. Which happens to be the value of the 10 nova torpedoes left in your hold.

Now get back to mining/piracy/trade for profit.