Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Some advice needed for pirating
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Greetings to all who take the time to read this.

I have been here for a few months on and off doing some trading and getting to know the mod and its players. I am really impressed with both the mod and the community and have decided to settle here and make this server my new "home".

I play the rp of a (very ruthless) pirate and have always taken great pride in my rp abilities and the reputation I built up on my old server. It is always pleasing to here of traders being afraid and uneasy and declaring bounties on a pirates head. It must mean I am doing my rp well. :)

Anyways, I am looking for any pieces of advice that you can give me to get my trusted old Blackheart char up and running. Any tips are welcome, ie ships, factions etc.

I am looking to have a largeish ship maybe along the lines of a transport so that I can take some punishment and be quite agile if needed. I have 50 million saved up and a Fireflyclass ship that is fully maxed out and could be sold off to free up some cash if needed. I don't really want to jopin a clan right now but I might at some point in the future.

TBH I dont really know where to start as this mod is huge and quite daunting for a new player. Especially one that want to follow the rp perfectly 100%.

Again, any help is appreciated and I welcome all replies to this post.

Savy?

Captain William Black.

Pirate Transport? Sounds like what you're looking for...

And welcome to our humble sanctuary.
Thanks, I will check it out.

Any more tips guys or is one reply all I'm gettin.

Pirate transport should be enough for what you need.
If you plan to steal some ore, a gunboat will suffice since 500 gold ore is around 8 million on the market.

If you lack some money to push you to the big boys league, a common freighter will do. Correo, Ankii, Rheinland armoured transport or something like that. They do the job just fine.

For simple mindless credit extortion, anything that kills is good. I saw people pull it off with a fighter
Get a freelancer iff, pirate id, a pirate ptransport, and your very own spot in the sunshine where ore miners or haulers are seen frequently. Take 500-1000-ish ore off them, repeat until you are full, find a guy that will buy your ore and sell it to him for 50% of the price. Repeat cycle. Congrats .. You have become a standard ore pirate!
Yeah, good luck actually getting those greedy miners to actually give you ore instead of attempting to call the authorities.
The above advice is all good. Perhaps it's a bit of shameless advertising, but if you want to pirate with a good bunch, might I suggest the Bretonian Buccaneers? We do offer start up credits for people who can't afford to do it themselves. You can find information about us in my sig.

Oh, and Mr. Ketzel, I accomplished that very feat earlier today.
' Wrote:I am looking to have a largeish ship maybe along the lines of a transport so that I can take some punishment and be quite agile if needed. I have 50 million saved up and a Fireflyclass ship that is fully maxed out and could be sold off to free up some cash if needed.

COMM ID: PIE RAT TRANSPORT
[Image: 254px-PirateTransport-s.png]
OH HI THERE IM YOUR NEW SHIP. EQUIP ME PROPERLY AND YOU CAN TAKE OUT GUNBOATS WITH EASE! AND IF THOSE IDJUT MINERS WONT SHARE THE WEALTH... JUST TAKE THEIR STUFF AND SELL IT.
' Wrote:Yeah, good luck actually getting those greedy miners to actually give you ore instead of attempting to call the authorities.

why? i manage to convince them several times a day. either they give me some, or they get killed and give me all of it. simple proposal, really.
Yup, pirate Transport sounds about right. Enough firepower to do the job very nicely. but its one thing to get the ship right and another to get the rp right. On my trader i find that every pirate who engages in a bit of good rp will always get his way. Those of the " 2 mill or die" brigade get nothing.
If you need some screenshots of the bad rp im talking about let me know and ill send some screenies to you.:D
Pages: 1 2