Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: The current Pilgrim [Slave] Liner
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

I know, many fly this Ship. Many People like this Ship, that also includes myself. I really think that the Liner needs some Overwork. Not about a complete new Ship, it could be similar to it, if possible the same One...just fix'd.

Currently the Pilgrim Liner is having Graphic Bugs. Especially the front Part of it, it is the same Bug as the current Mastodon has. The Light from Suns are shining through the Ship, seen as white Lines. I think Jinx once said that the Texture or something isnt matched together perfectly.

The next Thing is it's own Name. Many People's Roleplay is ruined by Others who just read Slave Liner and immediatly think you are a bad Guy and need to be killed. Especially Junkers die that way.

The last is the Turrets. There are Slave Liner Turrets, the Name is horrible, so are the Turrets. This Ship has it's own Turrets, which do not match to it in any way. The Texture and the Size of them. (The Turrets are bigger than the few Platforms they are standing on.)

Now, I'm asking any Ship Modeller if you could do something like this. Oh and please don't just put a grey Model in here and say you are done. Also the regular People meeping around looking for a Post...give me your Opinion.
My biggest beef with the Slave Liner is that it was supposed to be for Slavers. Something to give an otherwise meh group a sliver of love.

The RP screw over isn't on the side of the Junkers. It's on the side of the Slavers. Sort of like a Daumann group complaining that their favorite ship (this is a hypothetical scenario) the ALG mover being perceived by people as an ALG ship and being treated accordingly.

Dammit if Daumann doesn't really like the ALG mover and don't feel that it should be treated as an ALG vessel by third party persons when they're flying it.

Yes yes. Salvaged ships etc etc Junker Junker Junker. It's still a vessel popularly employed to snatch up human cattle to for drives off to the radiation hells of the Omegas or the razor grass of Malta.

Personally I would prefer the Pilgrim to operate in the fashion it was intended and be for the slavers. If the Junkers wanted something beefy they could get their own deal.

Though at this point the argument is moot. The darn thing is already used by so many Junkers I guess it would be best if the RP behind it was retconned and the slavers received their own toys.
Also it's more buggy with TLs and JGs than a juggernaut.

It seriously struggles to dock with anything.

My Luxury Liner feels like flowing water in comparison....
' Wrote:My biggest beef with the Slave Liner is that it was supposed to be for Slavers. Something to give an otherwise meh group a sliver of love.

Allow me to come out as a tad rude. *ahem*

Oh no you bloody wont. I put a lot of work into the lore behind the Pilgrim and Invergordon. It is a large, rebuilt husk from times past, preferred and used by not only Slavers but also anyone looking for a huge, tough transport.

*clings to his Invergordon googledoc *

About the model... I guess a little fix could do it good. Especially the slave liner ones. Maybe make them somewhere between the cerbs and the regular turrets?
' Wrote:Allow me to come out as a tad rude. *ahem*

Oh no you bloody wont. I put a lot of work into the lore behind the Pilgrim and Invergordon. It is a large, rebuilt husk from times past, preferred and used by not only Slavers but also anyone looking for a huge, tough transport.

*clings to his Invergordon googledoc *

About the model... I guess a little fix could do it good. Especially the slave liner ones. Maybe make them somewhere between the cerbs and the regular turrets?

As I said, it was hijacked by the Junkers and has been so to such a degree that its original intent of being a slaver ship has more or less been stamped out. Hence that they (the slavers) should get their own toy.
' Wrote:As I said, it was hijacked by the Junkers and has been so to such a degree that its original intent of being a slaver ship has more or less been stamped out. Hence that they (the slavers) should get their own toy.

I don't think that's a good reason. If an individual is flying a "Slave Liner," I'm fairly certain they know exactly what is the main purpose, and any change to make it more Slave-friendly would have to be taken in stride by the Junker community.

Other than being sold on a Junker base, I don't think there's anything you can do to make it unacceptable by Junkers. Can someone correct me on this?
' Wrote:I don't think that's a good reason. If an individual is flying a "Slave Liner," I'm fairly certain they know exactly what is the main purpose, and any change to make it more Slave-friendly would have to be taken in stride by the Junker community.

Other than being sold on a Junker base, I don't think there's anything you can do to make it unacceptable by Junkers. Can someone correct me on this?

Not really. I'm not begrudging its current role. That's done and done. Time to move on.

1) Get rid of the turrets.
2) Remove the slaver bit.
3) Fix the mesh (AOM made it, anyone can fix it)
4) Get sandwiches.
' Wrote:Personally I would prefer the Pilgrim to operate in the fashion it was intended and be for the slavers. If the Junkers wanted something beefy they could get their own deal.

Umm i will speak here. Us junkers HAVE been asking for a "something beefy" since 4.83, and we still are. Problen is everytime we ask, everyone,and thier mother jumps on us saying that junkers do not need anything more then what we already have. I run a slave liner myself. Why? because it is the biggest/toughest ship that fits junker RP. Yes we got the salvager,but the liner hold's more/has more guns,and will kill a sally 1 on 1.(yes i tried it) So if any of the dev team read this? GIVE US JUNKERs OUR OWN BIG NASTY!!! thank you come again.
Well, as a bloke who sat next to Nexus while Nexus gushed on about Forsaken's gift to him, the slave liner, I can say, the name 'pilgrim' and other backstory seems to have been something of a mistake. It is, yeah, our ship, given to us because we're pretty shafted, and nearly without any bonus at all (yall remember the recent rants about the Slaver ID).

Why do you get our toy? Well, because, this is a toy likely to be on the open market, and one that we can't outright claim is a 'slave' anything. Not intelligent behavior, that.

Unfortunately, I do believe Forsaken's gone, and without him around, you've a level of issue fixing the ship he built, as in, ye cannae.

If we can get our own toy, that, I think, would be grand. Something, perhaps, more in line with the 5k transport we're supposed, by our ID, to have. Even, perhaps, a 4700 cargo liner, maybe?
Rationale: Slavers get rather heavily shafted by their ID in terms of landing places, so as far as picking up ideal trade routes, they're a bit limited. Slavers can has new toy? Monster truck?

But, hey, there's really no reason to give us a monster truck. For that matter, why the hell should the junkers get one?
Shut up and get back in your corner slaver. Stop trying to screw over the Junkers like everyone else.
Pages: 1 2