Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Explorer of Sirius
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
***incoming transmission***
Jerry Maddox, researcher/explorer

Hello everyone. My name is Jerry Maddox and I am Lee Maddox's son. Recently my dad gave me some money so that I may buy a ship and explore Sirius in hopes of completing my dissertation on neutron stars and stellar radiation. Right now my ship is in for repairs due to excessive radiation exposure cause by Omega 41's neutron star and I am having my dad send this via the comms aboard System-F (my dad's ship). It seems as though the Spatial ship design doesn't do as well with radiation exposure as I thought, but then again the neutron star of Omega 41 is beginning to do some strange things.

While I was in Omega 41 I was stopped by a freelancer who would not let me leave when some Red Hessians figured I was in their space. Needless to say this resulted in the total destruction of my ship (now repaired) and a long wait in my pod for some Zoners to pick me up and tow the wreckage of my poor ship in for repairs. My dad keeps talking about these kind of interactions happening more and more where other people will stop you, but not fire upon you instead to let their cronies finish the job. This wouldn't be such a big deal if I were in a gunship and my dad didn't have to foot the bills for the repairs. Oh well, sorry about rant. I just wanted to give my 'hello' before I continued on my research.

***end transmission***
Hello and welcome among the pilots in the Sirian systems, Lee (If I may call you Lee).
I am awfully sorry that your career in the Omegas started with such a bad luck, but the Edge Worlds, to which O-41 belongs, are extremely dangerous systems. I am a trader and I avoid those systems (with the exception of Tau-37) completely.
It's nice to hear that you're alive and able to pay the repair costs of your ship. I hope that you will be able to complete your dissertation.
Good luck and all the best for your future life
Edmund BlackAdder

//PS: The welcome posts inRP - congratulations
PPS: Follow the rules and enjoy playing -
Welcome to Disco!:yahoo:
***incoming transmission***

Thanks Edmund, but Lee is my dad...I had to use his ship to send that comm. I am his son, Jerry.

Jerry Maddox

***end communication***