Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Junker Demand for Scrap
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Why is scrap bought for such a low price my a faction that are so infatuated with the stuff they named themselves after it? I'm talking about Yanagi, Trafalgar and Rochester buying cases of scrap for five bucks a pop. Realisticly it should be sold for a low price, but high enough so that it would drive a faction like the junkers to collect it.

I had 50$ a unit in mind.

Thoughts?
' Wrote:Why is scrap bought for such a low price my a faction that are so infatuated with the stuff they named themselves after it? I'm talking about Yanagi, Trafalgar and Rochester buying cases of scrap for five bucks a pop. Realisticly it should be sold for a low price, but high enough so that it would drive a faction like the junkers to collect it.

I had 50$ a unit in mind.

Thoughts?

You realize of course that your supposed to sell it to things like shipyards and things with smelters right?
I'm guessing that that would be too big of a pain to balance. It's not that big of a problem though. If a Junker needs scrap, he can just go outside and grab some.
I was thinking more on a labourer level, CSV types. Junkers would probably leave the shipping to those kinds of junkers in CSFs. It would cost them a bomb in fuel to go directly from the source to the demand when your based from a Junker station. Scrap -> Junker Base, Junker Base -> Demand. The GMG use a similar method and so do most mining corporations.
Shipyards buy it for more, especily unlawful ones.

Tripoli, Invergordon, etc etc.
Earning money isn't really my motivation here, I'm just looking for a humble beginning for a junker such as my own.
Mine it in New London.

Sell it to Invergordon. It's currently 1,500c/unit.
' Wrote:Sell it to Invergordon. It's currently 1,500c/unit.

...Down from 3,200c

BPA Newgate and Fuchu Prison also pay fairly well.
' Wrote:...Down from 3,200c

Down from 4.000c.

Whut.

About the OP, I think Dusty posted a while back when he remade the mining system that scrap would not be sold unlike the other minerals. So yeah. Just go mine it yourself.
' Wrote:...Down from 3,200c

Sorry no junker should ever be landing at Fuchu. That is OORP for a junker.
Pages: 1 2