Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: ADMIN NOTICE: F1 in space during combat
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Given the fact the F1ing in space during combat has turned into a sort of server sport, We've set the reconnect timer to 100 seconds. That is, One Minute and Forty seconds.

That way, all those who F1 in space will remain in space for One Minute and Forty seconds instead of 20 seconds. That will allow the pursuers to kill the offender very easily, because the offender's ship will be standing still for an awful lot of time.

Pirates only have to wait 10 seconds between the hail and opening fire. That way they have one and a half minute to kill the trader had it hit F1. charging engines or running away will also give pirates the right to ignore the 10 seconds wait time and open fire immediately.
This will be added to the rules.
Just a quick question, will this effect the ability to drop credit cards then switch to another char and tractor it up?
It should still work. But it will take you longer to get the trick done, as you will have to wait for 20 seconds until reconnect.

I will test it tonight, once I reach home.
Ok, thanks for the quick response:)
What about if your perants turn the Internet off or u are disconected, will you still be sitting there?
' Wrote:What about if your perants turn the Internet off or u are disconected, will you still be sitting there?

Its called Real Life , Grow up, move out, Get married, then the wife turns it off, its called the Circle of Life:)

Cheers
lol good point:P
Yes, you will.
Another reason to win a PvP quickly, without shield running, or using time-buying tactics. There is a risk of loosing the connection and get slaughtered by everybody around you.:)

Call it, a mechanical failure of the ship's systems that caused you to loose helm control.
What if you scram your computer, or Alt-F4 out?
Like a lot of other people, my FL/net crashes constantly, so this will be a problem in dogfights.

Say you're in cruise, and you F1. In the 20 seconds, will you continue to move in cruise speed, or will it cut your engines?
heh. my internet likes to d/c me so i guess ill be prone to mechanical faliure:)

hasnt done it in a fight yet tho.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6