Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Random Disconnections
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello all, I have a problem. I've been playing about a month now here, and no issues... ever. However, recently I convinced my brother to play FL with me, so last night I bought a router. I hooked it up, internet works great... go on freelancer and it seems to work fine. However, if we are both online at the same time, we will get randomly disconnected every 10 minutes or so. Kind of aggravating... I'm assuming this is something to do with my router, maybe port forwarding?? If it helps, his PC is XP and mine is vista. Thanks!
' Wrote:Hello all, I have a problem. I've been playing about a month now here, and no issues... ever. However, recently I convinced my brother to play FL with me, so last night I bought a router. I hooked it up, internet works great... go on freelancer and it seems to work fine. However, if we are both online at the same time, we will get randomly disconnected every 10 minutes or so. Kind of aggravating... I'm assuming this is something to do with my router, maybe port forwarding?? If it helps, his PC is XP and mine is vista. Thanks!

That could be the server - I have a funny feeling that it kicks people who log on with more than once on the same IP.

Alternatively, it could just be lagg.
Hrm, well if it kicks people from same IP he might need to be getting satellite internet, brotherly love only goes so far, interrupting my disco time= no no! Would like some verification though.

Ok, well apparently it also DC's me randomly if I am the ONLY one playing as well. So, it must be something to do with the router not liking disco... :(:(

Oh jeez, double posted trying to edit... I'm a retard.
That qualifies as a router issue.
There are many people who play here from LAN's and have multiple players on at the same time behind the same router (including me, when my son or son-in-law comes over). That is NOT multi-boxing, by the way.
I would check your router settings to see what's going on there, if you've multiple ports open and available and also make sure that since now you're running multiple computers at the same time that you've dynamic IP's behind the router set up, so that it's not thinking both PC's are the same one.
Or worst case situation is take the router back and claim it's defective and get a new one.
' Wrote:That qualifies as a router issue.
There are many people who play here from LAN's and have multiple players on at the same time behind the same router (including me, when my son or son-in-law comes over). That is NOT multi-boxing, by the way.
I would check your router settings to see what's going on there, if you've multiple ports open and available and also make sure that since now you're running multiple computers at the same time that you've dynamic IP's behind the router set up, so that it's not thinking both PC's are the same one.
Or worst case situation is take the router back and claim it's defective and get a new one.

Agmen of Eladesor, you are awesome. Went back to my work, got a different brand router after exchanging other one, and now it works. Thank you!