Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: New kinds of weapons Idea
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Edited Some stats. Bomber and GB weapon stats

Hello All
I have been playing disco for a while now I am here to suggest some new types of weapons for LHF,Bombers and
Gunboats.

1.LHF

We all know that they are good for nothing ships they cant kill anythig until and unless they attack in groups.
They have a weak core and weaker weapons. LHFs are supposed to hit and run so why not use some shotgun like weapons.

For Example

civilian LHF Gun
Class 5

Hull Damage :1000
Shield damage :500
Range :200m
Speed :800 m/sec
Energy Usage :200
Refire rate :2

This will ensure that they deal a large amount of damage when they are close and then run away using their agility.
As this is a close range weapon they cant just snipe.And if it is possible to make the projectile spread when shot then this could be a really nice weapon.
This will make them highly effective aginst Bombers and fighters

2.Bombers

As far as I know Bomber powerplants are not made to supply small amounts of energy continusuoly thats why they
cannot fire fighter weapons. ther powercores are in such way that they are more efficient when large amount of
energy is drawn form their cores eg. SNAC

Bombers are good against all caps but their guns(Except SNAC) are not very good against anything bigger than a Gunboat. So I suggest another set of weapons which are more effective against ships bigger than gunboats.

-Change the SNAC speed to 300m/s

Bomber Heavy Energy cannon
Class6

Hull Damage :5000
Shield Damage :2500
Range :1000m
Speed :300m/s
Energy usage :1000
Refire :1.00

Bomber Heavy EMP cannon
Class6

Hull Damage :4500
Shield Damage :450
Range :1000m
Speed :300m/s
Energy usage :1100
Refire :1.00

The slow refire rate and speed will ensure that the bombers wont be able to fire these at gunboats from large
distances.This is just an additional weapon ie if this weapon in implemented then there will be a total of 4 Bomber weapons

3.Gunboats

I dont see many gunboats using Pulses and razors so I say we buff the damage done by them.

Gunboat Battle razor
Hull Damage :24000
Shield damage :12000
Energy usage :115000
Range :1500m
Speed :600m/s

Gunboat Pulse Cannon
Hull Damage :3000
Shield damage :15000
Energy usage :70000
Range :1500m
Speed :600m/s

Please Post your views

PS: I am no freak or noob.
the gb razors and pulse buff means we gotta make cruiser ones better (wich is needed) but also BS ones better (just less energy drain)

so that means that the current BS pulse, that does 32k shield damage must be buffed to atleast 80k (meaning shields must be buffed)

razors got a too big leap...

18 500 gunboat razor
32 000 cruiser razor
140 000 bs razor

FIX CRUISER AND GUNBOAT RAZOR, THATS IT...

Make it;

Gunboat razor
23 500 hull
100 000 energy
1600m range
1160m/s speed

Cruiser razor
74800 hull
420 000 energy
1600m range
1160m/s speed

THEN:
BS RAZOR:
FIX ENERGY TO 2m instead of that ridiculous 2.5m
Ok the gunboat razors will do but I agree we need to buff the cruiser razors too they suck.

Ya the BS razors do use too much energy almost as much as a Mortar.
MORE THEN MORTAR

Mortar
265 000 hull
4500m range
600m/s

2 450 000 energy

razor is
140 000 hull
1504m range
1600m/s speed
2 500 000 energy
' Wrote:MORE THEN MORTAR

Mortar
265 000 hull
4500m range
600m/s

2 450 000 energy

razor is
140 000 hull
1504m range
1600m/s speed
2 500 000 energy

But look at the Razors speed, you can hit nearly everything with it...
And for the things you suggested Man103, the light fighter one is a good idea, but I wouldnt like to loose the posiblity to choose between different weapon types; same goes for the bomber, speed 300... you wont be able to hit anything with this...
And the GB idea wont work, most GBs dont have much more then 100.000 Armor, so you would need 3 Razor hits (which arent that hard to do) and a few shots with normal guns to get rid of an enemy, and fighters/bombers will be one shot kills.
So better let the bombers and gunboats as they are, the light fighter idea isnt that bad at all!
All a big no-no I say.
Overpowered they are all.
Nah.. i think its fine.
GB Razors, yes, no to cruiser and Battleship razors, they're good enough as is, considering they're decent for anti-fighter, if you're looking to bust capital ships, use mortars, that's what they're there for
actually, its HARD to hit with bs razor.... AND their worthless if the shield comes up

its hard to hit because the turret turns -very- slowly, making them bad at tracking the fighters
' Wrote:1.LHF

We all know that they are good for nothing ships they cant kill anythig until and unless they attack in groups.
They have a weak core and weaker weapons. LHFs are supposed to hit and run so why not use some shotgun like weapons.

Light fighters are quite good at tearing apart VHFs and bombers. Just need to fly around then rather than joust.

2.Bombers

Bombers are good against all caps but their guns(Except SNAC) are not very good against anything bigger than a Gunboat. So I suggest another set of weapons which are more effective against ships bigger than gunboats.

How many caps have you fought with a group of 2-3 bombers? Bombers can take apart battleships and cruisers easily with the current setup.

3.Gunboats

I dont see many gunboats using Pulses and razors so I say we buff the damage done by them.

They're actually really good as they are. People must not use them because they don't realize how useful they can be.
Pages: 1 2