Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Finally got Freelancer to work again
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Been trying to get freelancer to work again on an doff for months, finally did it, but I cannot create a character. All my old characters are no longer on the server list.. understandable, I can connect to server, but no matter what name i choose it says "I'm sorry but the character name you have chosen is already on use on this server. Please choose another name." And yes I've tried several realistic names as well as just rolling my knuckles across the keyboard.
Your mod is not correctly installed. Make sure you've installed the full 4.85 release before the updates

See this: http://discoverygc.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=44642
' Wrote:Your mod is not correctly installed. Make sure you've installed the full 4.85 release before the updates

See this: http://discoverygc.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=44642

I have FLMM 1.3 and the newest version of 4.85 downloadable installed.
well, there is more to the instructions then that. Just try re-installing or using restore backups on FLMM, deleting 4.85 from FLMM, re-downloading and re-installing the new download into FLMM.

Trust Cannon, he's had to deal with this many times.
' Wrote:well, there is more to the instructions then that. Just try re-installing or using restore backups on FLMM, deleting 4.85 from FLMM, re-downloading and re-installing the new download into FLMM.

Trust Cannon, he's had to deal with this many times.
I've done all that many times in trying to get freelancer to work.. now I get into the game but cannot create a char.. I think it has more to do with my characters not being on my computer but still being on the server. Can I get my characters removed from the server perhaps? had 2 Fyzikz and BH Fyzikz I think
OK I got it working and am back online.. gonna slowly rebuild since my characters are all gone. Thanks for the attempted advice. You can delete this thread if you like
Was this the problem "the newest version of 4.85 downloadable installed."?
Nope, I had another program from where I work I am required to have that was conflicting with the incoming ports.
' Wrote:Nope, I had another program from where I work I am required to have that was conflicting with the incoming ports.

Ah, the infamous port blocking issue... That's one we don't see very often. Glad to see you made it!