Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Trade Routes?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hi, I'm about to start a lawful neutral character to build up for a player faction I have an idea of. However, for that faction, I need a fairly stable financial base.

Do any of you know a decent trade route and ship set up for a pilot with either a freelancer or civilian ID?
Ah, same.

I didn't see any "newbie trading guide" (apart from the "where to buy where to sell"), giving tips on what ship to buy at the beginning, such and such...

In fact, I'm a total newbie and when I first logged on Discovery, I was only able to get a decent ship because some random passerby decided to help me and give me 2M credits (and by the way, thanks). In fact, in the 30 or so missions I've done, I only regained about 1M credits, because my character isn't a trader :/

So... Is it possible for a non-trader (or smuggler, you get the idea) to get a decent pay without having to create another account on which I would play a trader?
A nice start would be to join one of the many trading factions around here. Usually, they give new members aid in getting their first real cargo ship. And they also have access to many routes.
Just try it!
' Wrote:A nice start would be to join one of the many trading factions around here. Usually, they give new members aid in getting their first real cargo ship. And they also have access to many routes.
Just try it!
Joining a trading faction means tying strings to yourself. I'm only trading my way up because I don't have a trader or miner to get him set up.

edit: To reiterate. I don't want recruitment efforts. I'm not a moron, I've been playing for a while, I know what I want. I want to know some decent trade routes for a new neutral character, and what ship/ID would be smart to buy.
read: I'm a silent powertrader in the making
' Wrote:read: I'm a silent powertrader in the making

No. I just need to be able to afford and support a Democritus or Luxury Liner, and be able to provide set-up money for anyone who would join the faction I am planning.
Then you could join Orbital or PanGal or however that is called, and get help to get your Yacht or Liner. And if you have paid the money back (which can be done fast), you can leave them again.
Or take a loan.
http://discoverygc.com/forums/index.php?sh...=56081&st=0
Understood. It just seems a bit rude to join a faction merely as a means to get your character set up to a certain point, but I'm sure I can wing it.

edit: Though, I'd appreciate it if my actual questions were answered. I don't mean to be rude, but you seem to be angling towards me joining a faction when I really just wanna know where to trade and with what ships to start out.
Where to trade is difficult.
You can trade everywhere.
Try Gallia, it needs more players.
Lawfull trading is awesome... for the pirates!!

Have you considered doing the cardi run??
Pages: 1 2 3