Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Pet peeve of the day
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
If you run, please don't circle bases. Dock. Just dock. Circling bases gets you nothing and only aggravates the other person. If you're circling a base hostile to all, just don't. Run somewhere else and dock. And don't circle a base for an hour only to planet-dive when you have a sliver of hull left. It only serves to 1) make fingers cramp and 2) REALLY PISS PEOPLE OFF.
We must ductape them to the atmosphere!
The last person that did that to me ate Razors.
Sounds kinda funny, actually.

Maybe I should try it myself.
' Wrote:don't ... planet-dive when you have a sliver of hull left
Hello pot
There seems to be more to this discussion.

Tell me what happened Zachypoo?
Re-engaging only serves to 1) break the rules and 2) REALLY PISS PEOPLE OFF.
I only do things like this to people who are jerks or don't have enough skill to finish me off.
(The latter would be anyone slightly competent in PvP.)

While we're on this sort of topic, perhaps the most fun thing to do (in this spirit) would be cruising circles around a VHF with a mini-razor instead of a CD. It can't hit you, or destroy you if it gets a lucky hit or two in, so you just keep this up, dodging while in cruise - until it decides to drop the engagement and go away because it can't hit you. Then you win because they're running away!

I've done this many times, it's worth every moment it takes to wear down their patience.
' Wrote:If you run, please don't circle bases. Dock. Just dock. Circling bases gets you nothing and only aggravates the other person. If you're circling a base hostile to all, just don't. Run somewhere else and dock. And don't circle a base for an hour only to planet-dive when you have a sliver of hull left. It only serves to 1) make fingers cramp and 2) REALLY PISS PEOPLE OFF.

I had a guy doing this to me around FP9. Yes, it does piss you off but I can see why he was doing it. If you miss him and hit the base too many times, the base is then shooting YOU!! So while it may piss you off, it is a good strategy. For the record, I hit him more than the base and converted his ship into scrap metal.
' Wrote:And don't ... planet-dive when you have a sliver of hull left.
No, no, please do! I find it absolutely hilarious, and mercilessly mock people for it at every opportunity!

"How did you not see a planet in front of you?!"

"I thought the Corsairs were better pilots than this. Apparently we don't even need to put guns on the rocks anymore."

Quote:I had a guy doing this to me around FP9. Yes, it does piss you off but I can see why he was doing it. If you miss him and hit the base too many times, the base is then shooting YOU!! So while it may piss you off, it is a good strategy. For the record, I hit him more than the base and converted his ship into scrap metal.

Someone tried this trick against me in Connecticut. He succeeded in getting New Haven to shoot at my Falcon. He did not succeed in getting New Haven to hit my Falcon, or for that matter succeed in killing me. Then he planetdove when he realized that he was, in layman's terms, royally screwed.

That or he accidentally ran into the planet while shieldrunning in the atmosphere, something he had been doing throughout the fight.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5