Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Armor and agility
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am just wondering, is it possible to have the armor modifiers affect agility as well? If so, here's my idea:

Make Armor Upgrades adversely affect agility (for example, make Discovery's Cap Armors drop agility between 5 and 50%, the Universal Upgrades between 2 and 15%)

Then, while we're at it, add new Armor Downgrades that increase agility. Say, a 10% decrease in armor results in a 5-7% increase in agility. The limit would be a 50% drop in armor resulting in a 40% increase in agility. These items would not take up cargo space as they are essentially removing some of the ship's bulk.

So, is it doable? And if so, do you think it would be a good idea to implement?
emm ... Isn't the first one already in the mod ? I always feel lighter when I fly a ship without Armor, and then after I buy a UA 6 or 8 or whatever for it.

The second one (Armor Downgrade) is not a real good idea if you ask me, because then if put one of those on a Unione Corse Bomber, you'll get a ship with Bomber Firepower and VHF Agility ...!
Or all Full Solaris Battleships mount a Cap Downgrade 1000 on em and woosh around NY out-turning Sabres .....
What he said about the bombers. They are finally well-balanced and there's no reason to go back on that.
I hadn't really thought about the Bombers.

As with anything I suggest, the numbers are flexible. Perhaps a 30 or even 25% boost limit would suffice?

And remember, they would have less armor so when you do hit them, they die faster.

Percentage boosts are going to vary with the ship. A Starflier would actually see a much bigger boost than a capital ship, since it naturally has a higher agility anyway. Though, why you'd want to remove armor from a Starflier is beyond me...
I suggested something like this couple of months ago.. but it was ignored and dropped fast.. I think no one even read my post..

But anyway removing armor.. NO

But armor upgrade that "slows" you down would be better then flying ship without armor wouldn't be something strange if you are faster a bit.
This would be very awesome if it could be implemented. It adds more options for fighters other then just the UAU mk8. Right now, that's all anyone uses.
I'd like this. Instead I can prefer to be faster if I wanted, which is win in my opinion...as for the bombers being faster? We COULD make it so it effects bombers differently OR use ship restrictions so things like a VHF speed bomber and super fast osiris isn't possible...but yes this is good for me...
Don't want. Really. To much of a balancing and just. I don't like it (I know I know it's not an argument, but yet still, Don't want) This may also make some ships too agile.I think it's much harder than 10 percent armor decrease grants 10 percent agility increase. Later it should go like 20 percent armor increase would add 15 in agility. And for example 30 percent armor decrease 18 agility increase.

Or something. (the numbers are just to get the point not the suggestions how it should be)

Also, it shouldn't change turning at all. Only perhaps response and maybe strafing.

Well but I still say NO in general
I don't think this idea was ignored in the past. We just don't know how to do it. We tried and failed. Maybe some flhook magic could do it, as with most things, but that's not likely to happen either.