Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Hey everyone!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey all,

after a few years of not playing Freelancer i decided to go back into it, i recently installed it again and heard about this great mod that people play on.

Though theres only a few things that i wanna ask about. It doesn't seem like a mod where you can just go and play though, i've browsed the fourms alittle and seen tutorials about getting back your ID, gettings new accouts. Even something about loosing your ID when you buy a new ships or something (it seems complicated to someone inexperienced with mods like me:(. )

I know this sounds like a nooby thing to do, but if someone wouldn't mind explaining to me what i should do in order to get "set up" so i can just go out and play. I've read some threads so i haven't just joined and asked without looking first. But still i do not fully understand:(. So any help you can give i would be thankful for:)

Looking forward to playing/RPing with you lot, loved Freelancer since i first got it:D
Welcome to Discovery

Remember you can always ask a ship with [The_Angels] tag for any help or info you need.

Read the rules and the Rules section and refer back to it when needed and you should be fine.

Have fun and happy flying.

Welcome to Discovery!

A great tool that is featured in this mod is /restart. We currently have commands that can help you get set up in Liberty, Bretonia, Rheinland, Kusari, Gallia, or as an Outcast or Corsair. It's a brilliant tool.

As Bird said, the Angels are here to help and I'm sure that you can ask them for anything you need.

Have fun, don't forget that!
ah ok cool, just read the rules. some of the things i still don't get since i haven't played FL in a long time. But yeah i'll ask one of the Angles when i lauch into space for the first time, i just hope i ain't told off for something i didn't know about:P

I just need to figure out all the controls again.

Another question is, the character name. Is that basically my RP character's name? also will the Angles have a tag like (Angle)*name here*?

sorry for all these questions.
Welcome!

Now your Character Name is the Name others will see, it doesnt have to be your RP Characters name, a callsign or something like that is possible too. For example if you are flying a larger train, you can use the Characters name on it, or you use a callsign, like its used on most bigger recent ships (which at least for the bigger ships makes sense).
I hope was able to help you a bit.

And now Have Fun!