Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: A possible Pimp My Ship Guide?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Yesterday I Decided to use the Pimpship program at one of our local shipyards for the heck of it... 5hrs, 13mil, and one hell of a headache later :wacko:, I was finished. I know this for a fact... I had no clue on what I was doing and had to learn the hard way. There is a 'guide' when you enter the coding commands, but I had no clue on what hardpoints were what on the ship I was flying..

Has anyone ever though of making a small guide or tutorial for those who don't know what the heck they're doing? It would really help us out. It would save time and money for others wanting to do it We could possibly see more creative light shows in the future If given the help. Plus it would also be the building blocks for possible competitons in the future...

What do you guys think?
The only problem I found with it, was as you said, not knowing where each hardpoint is on your ship.

Unfortunately, with each ship having lights in different places, having a different amount of hardpoints, etc, it's practically impossible to write a guide for it.

That is, without having one for every ship.

Otherwise, I think it's quite well explained. Also, it works as a good creditsink.
Twenty-five million to whoever maps the Barge lights for me.

1. Start Single Player and Get the ship you want to Pimp
  2. Get 'IONCROSS Freelancer Character Editor'
    (Download Single Player Char Editor from Here)
  3. Set a different light for each hardpoint
  4. Undock and check which is which
Your Pimp-Mapped Ship is now ready to use!
The Hardpoint Ordering in IonCross list is same as the one on Server,
so you can easily see which hardpoint number is which light on the ship.
(at least it works for any ship I've tried)
' Wrote:Twenty-five million to whoever maps the Barge lights for me.

Make it fifty and I'll get on it XD
*cannon mutters again about the idea of somebody setting up an RP business to provide ship pimping instructions...*
lol was to be expected you would post it after spending 15mill on you light setup.

Get HardCMP editor. Its a prefect guide
You can import the ship you want into it and check all the light positions.
Very easy.
' Wrote:lol was to be expected you would post it after spending 15mill on you light setup.

Get HardCMP editor. Its a prefect guide
You can import the ship you want into it and check all the light positions.
Very easy.

Does it show which one is which?

I might get it:D

EDIT: I just got it, and to answer my own question, yes it does.

However, it's rather pointless on the Barge, due to it's excessive OLOLOLOL size XD
Just post about the ship you pimped. So Then there will be a guide for every ship that has been used atleast once