Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To: Bretonia Police Authority
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Please roleplay the BPA, not the BAF.

Thanks.
Unfortunately, this is merely a symptom of the fact that the Police ID grants little if any privileges over the Military ID of the major houses. In fact, the Police ID's are currently just nerfed versions of the Military ID's.

If each group had clearly-defined (and different) tasks listed on their ID's, you would see less blurring of this line and it would be easier for the BPA to differentiate itself from the BAF in a meaningful way.
Back off the BPA.
The faction's long slide into being quasi-military is well established. Check the events in which several disgruntled Constables and ranking Commissioners left because of the gradual militarisation of the force.
Hmm, now that I think about it, I've not seen a BPA since I first started on the server, apart from events anyway.
Athenian is 200% correct. I have been in the BPA almost 2 years now (and I am not the oldest member) and the quasi-military trend has been happening for a long time. Also we are trying to increase our in game time and membership to keep our official faction status. Incindre being the wonderfully active fellow he is has my full support for doing this.
' Wrote:Unfortunately, this is merely a symptom of the fact that the Police ID grants little if any privileges over the Military ID of the major houses. In fact, the Police ID's are currently just nerfed versions of the Military ID's.

If each group had clearly-defined (and different) tasks listed on their ID's, you would see less blurring of this line and it would be easier for the BPA to differentiate itself from the BAF in a meaningful way.

Aye completely right. This is also why many Police factions have trouble getting their activity up although BPA have done the best job out of them four.

In-Game wise there isn't that many more "tasks" you can assign a faction/group due to the game mechanics. If per say you could somehow actually arrest a player and then put him/her in a prison station then that task could be assigned. But since that player most likely is hostile to the NPC-faction which owns the prison station, there goes that idea out of the window...
Give a /fine command to all properly ID'd tagged police players, have the command require a minimum amount of time on the char (Ie 20 hours or so)

Could be abused, so could piracy.

Innnnn any case, the Mollys are in the final stages of pushing the Bretonians out of New London, we just need to get the Kusari fleet to do the job and then blow themselves up.
In RP, the BPA never touch Dublin.

They need to raise their activity, yes, but neglecting police roleplay and then getting military ships and breaking the roleplay of Vanilla in hunting Mollies and other "scum" down in Dublin is NOT how to get them more active.

If hunting pirates in a way that ignores established roleplay is the only way they can become active, it's possible that they shouldn't become active at all.

I would also prefer less ganks in Bretonia on my Mollies, and I have little faith that any factions are capable of attacking Mollies and avoiding this. Having a police assault force hunting pirates and "scum" in Dublin isn't my idea of "fun." Dublin isn't fun anymore, if anyone has cared to notice. It's a hole of crap with the mining mod, bereft of good roleplay for the major part. This move by the BPA would certainly NOT help the situation.

Also,
' Wrote:We already (due to newly aquired intel) are planning the final part of an insurgance into the Dublin system to drive back the Molly Republic and asociated pirates.
I'd like to know what that particular "intel" would be, as it seems a little fishy somebody acquired this sort of thing without even asking me or talking to me about it.

As funny and light as we might act, as cool guys as we might possibly be, Mollies are still players. We're not just punching bag to kill, or NPC pirates. We like to roleplay and play the game, and we're not just something to kill for fun. We don't like that, and if that's all we get, there's no point in playing in Bretonia anymore.
Why is the BPA in Dublin trying to stop Mollys when there is an entire enemy house threatening to end their existence in possibly their most important system?

If ya have noticed, most of the piracy that Mollys do in Dublin is against Kusarian miners. That, coupled with the fact that the BAF and MR tend to avoid fighting each other, means that the BPA are trying to get new enemies, make their sitation worse and make Bretonia's chances of surviving even slimmer.
I mean, the Mollys helped defend Bretonia and often focus on Kusarian miners, not Bretonian ones.

You are hunting down the enemy of your enemy..for no reason.
Evidently, the BPA now knows exactly where Arranmore is.

I believe I have a clear grasp on the level of respect for good and fair roleplaying present here, so I guess I'll get the boys to make some Barghests to prepare for the inevitable police battleship assault on Arranmore.
Pages: 1 2 3 4