Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Zoners
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Quote:All polls will be biased buttttt lets face it, the community decide the power of a faction anyway, not just the faction themselves.
It's like a scientific theory. I may say my theory is correct but without the scientific community agreeing, it's probably wrong.

I will admit that the poll was a bit naive in the sense of hoping for Zoners to only vote.

If you or another mod could edit the poll to remove the N/A option and instead change the question to 'Do you think Zoners (RP) have a large capital fleet? Centralised...etc' it might help address that.
' Wrote:I will admit that the poll was a bit naive in the sense of hoping for Zoners to only vote.

If you or another mod could edit the poll to remove the N/A option and instead change the question to 'Do you think Zoners (RP) have a large capital fleet? Centralised...etc' it might help address that.
You'd have to make it a written poll without the option to anonymously vote.

Ask for a lock on this one and start a new thread with a little questionnaire in [ CODE ] which also has a field for the name of the Zoner char the fellow answering has.

Use your main post to keep track of the answers, while only counting those replies of people actually playing Zoners.
As there are already 45 votes, changing the poll wouldn't do anything. You need to recreate it.
Make a thread, where each person has to prove that they are a Zoner, or are already well known enough as one and make them post their vote publicly. (This makes sure people who just made an Eagle to influence the vote do not get a voice.)
Well, I'm not a current Zoner player, but I've played them in the past. Some of you might remember my generally unfriendly Zoner, Lloyd Black.

I don't think Zoners should have a lot of capital ships. Destroyers and gunships? Yes. Logically speaking they're among the best combat ships for long-range trips anyway, specialized craft aside. Should the Jinkusu and Aquilon exist? The Jinkusu, yes but it should be limited. The Aquilon... a carrier is a military vessel, used to project one's fighters beyond what your own bases can support. Rather unusual for the Zoners, whose military should be almost purely defensive in nature.

Part of this is because I've always seen them as largely decentralized. In my vision, every Freeport was run by a seperate group, with some possible overlap for close Freeports like 6 and 10. These groups would coordinate, but unless it was necessary they'd try to stay out of each others' business. At one point, the Council of Zoners seemed rather like this.

That doesn't mean they'd be weak and helpless. Most of their military, I would expect, would be relatively untrained, but very easily rallied when they were needed.. Freeports near the Houses may have a more well-trained militia if ex-military pilots moved there for retirement and decided to raise a militia (as is the case in the ZDF's backstory, I believe). And they would have decent numbers, though they may not all be equipped equally; I would expect the majority of Zoners to have a ship of some sort. Ultimately they would still rely on not needing their military, but they'd be able to fight off small-scale attacks. A large fleet? Probably not, but fighters and gunships should probably be a minimal threat at most between the Zoner defenders and the station defenses.

And of course the people who use the station and prefer it in one piece.

Strength is hard to judge with a decentralized group, but I see them being relatively strong economically thanks to the nature of a Freeport. This doesn't necessarily equate to a lot of political might, as that tends to also need enough force to back it up. More than many groups, but less than a House.

So, that's my opinion. But every group evolves with time. The only thing I really take issue with is the Aquilon.
It is a pity how people voted on the last option num 3.
Zoners can't be as strong as a House because they are fragmented into many independant pieces. In game, Consortium has 1 Aquilon and TAZ has 1 Aquilon. OSI has 1 gunboat max. These are the three top factions and in RP they would be the most powerful Zoner groups in Sirius. So I have no idea where the "They are as strong/stronger than a House" comes from.

Oh well, player choice I guess. Then again did the people who vote actually RP Zoners?
' Wrote:It is a pity how people voted on the last option num 3.
Zoners can't be as strong as a House because they are fragmented into many independant pieces. In game, Consortium has 1 Aquilon and TAZ has 1 Aquilon. OSI has 1 gunboat max. These are the three top factions and in RP they would be the most powerful Zoner groups in Sirius. So I have no idea where the "They are as strong/stronger than a House" comes from.

Oh well, player choice I guess. Then again did the people who vote actually RP Zoners?

Who says that the top trading factions (which all of those three essentially are) are necessarily the strongest in military terms?
They're strongest in RP terms I believe.
Either way I have no idea why do zoner topics keep popping up. It's like people intentionaly want to see some more flame wars or actually bickering from here taken to the game.

Zoners are strong as much as rules let them. If they decide all to get Aquilons now, they have a right to do that, and then they would be really strong.

If they decide to invade Omegas and kill Hessians we would have to see how long will they be able to do so. If they can they're obviously stronger than hessians we have in game.
They can invade houses as well as far as I'm concerned. Only thing that's kinda bad is actually having three topics about zoners and their situation. If one topic doesn't work out, I don't know how will opening of the second one help.

I didn't vote, I'm not a Zoner
Here's a shocker...I didn't vote either! As so many have said, this will turn into one big flame fest.

I will say two things:

1) Zoners wouldn't have nor would they need cap ships if people would quit screwing with them and
2) As an admin once said, Virus I believe, "Zoners were fine until people started screwing with them.
Pages: 1 2