Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: The Nomad War: Redux
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
The nomads are my passion. Das Wilde are ever a threat, the Keepers roam and kill at whim, Kusari is at war with Bretonia, Liberty at war with Rheinland. So soon after the Nomad war, and there are so few questions raised.

Perhaps something will be done with these Gallic types. I expected a more widespread war, but it didn't happen. Today, it's all lolwut rheinland and liberty caps, as well as the occasional quality entrance of the RM into Texas.

Maybe there's more going on, and I just don't see it. As it stands now, it's pretty damn boring. We need something more. We need a polarizing, catalyzing event. On a massive scale, that only the nomads can provide. It's been years this sever has existed. Despite all the changes, not much has changed.

We need another major event, perhaps an admin (perhaps see: game master/dungeon master) lead event. You boys have stepped up to lay the smack down with the lolhammer, etc. Is that all you got?

We need hard core entertainment on an at least weekly basis. Players can only organize so much, with our cocksure bean-headed, pimple-arsed, bloat-bellied player base, of which the interwebs contain no female types! I love 2.376% of you. That RHA bloke an' the 101st especially. The Vagrant types need no mention! Might have something to say about the "Sails", but that's not the point, and I digress.

We need another pan-galactic nomad war. Gallia and the current rules just don't count for anything! For all of us, the Trent story and the nomad war, and this beautiful (for ms) world made this game great. Can we *please* destroy it again? Perhaps with two "admin/GM" lead/supported events every 12 hours? 24? 48? But sector wide, regardless?

EVERYTHING DIES!

Beuler? Beuler? Beu-what?
' Wrote:Can we *please* destroy it again? Perhaps with two "admin/GM" lead/supported events every 12 hours? 24? 48? But sector wide, regardless?
Well, just think about how much man hours it would take to do this, then you will have a reason why admin supported events can't happen that often.

But if you want action, there is a weekly BAF vs KNF event and KNF really needs more pilots.
just wait till 4.86, you'll get your nomad war >.>

Conversely, you could try joining ***'us'*** and fighting on the other side of the fence =P
Yay.... Nomads are misunderstood.

Stop.

Look and think like them.

Feel their pain.
***..'We' seek -ending- to *pain* burning (through/around) all 'Ours' and -not- in light~paths of -stars-..***

Also, what Akura said.
Oh, don't worry, you'll get your ONOZ WE'RE EFFING SCREWED war soon enough. :D

The Nomads don't have the military strength to go head to head with humanity. They never have. Their strength lies in quiet manipulation (Aoi Iseijin) backed up by surgical strikes (Das Wilde) and accompanied by diversionary tactics and generally keeping people away from their turf (Keepers). When the time is right, they'll do something. But not yet.

The Sword in the Stone has not yet been delivered to the Library, and as such the resting place of the Holy Grail remains elusive.

Make of that what you will.

EDIT: And what Akura said. The Nomads are actually closer to Lawful Good rather than Chaotic Evil once you learn their backstory.
' Wrote:We need another pan-galactic nomad war.

What? WE'RE not fighting those aliens, we're a travel corporation!
' Wrote:What? WE'RE not fighting those aliens, we're a travel corporation!

We're also a drink, the Pan-Galactic Gargleblaster!
Actually what is going to happen is that the Nomads attack Sirius from the lolmicrons and Gallia attacks from the Taus, poor little Sirius will get crushed in between omnoms and lots and lots and lots of pissed off French people.

And everyone lives happily ever after...
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6