Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Save dump to multi to singleplayer.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Since I'm likely to keep getting banned for random things I was wondering if there were any way to save my game to a single player state.

I don't want to have my single player game go multiplayer, I know that would introduce way too much chance for cheating and totally wreck balance, but I would like to have an image of my multiplayer save so I can continue offline when the eventual ban arrives.

I am currently banned for a week, but I know myself pretty well now and I know how the Internet works. Eventually I'll run into some mod on a bad day and I'll consider it a point of honor to speak my mind and he'll react accordingly and I'll never see the stars again heh.

In preparation for that day, I'd like to start making backups.

Can this be done?

Thank you for your time.
Um.

Lolwut?
+1 much Corsair?

Innomen, if you get the IONCROSS character editor, you will be able to reconstruct your characters in single player, or create them however you want. But I don't believe it is possible to do what you're asking.
I dont think that its possible to do that.
' Wrote:Since I'm likely to keep getting banned for random things I was wondering if there were any way to save my game to a single player state.

I don't want to have my single player game go multiplayer, I know that would introduce way too much chance for cheating and totally wreck balance, but I would like to have an image of my multiplayer save so I can continue offline when the eventual ban arrives.

I am currently banned for a week, but I know myself pretty well now and I know how the Internet works. Eventually I'll run into some mod on a bad day and I'll consider it a point of honor to speak my mind and he'll react accordingly and I'll never see the stars again heh.

In preparation for that day, I'd like to start making backups.

Can this be done?

Thank you for your time.
No, since you don't have access to the server. Characterfiles for MP is stored on the server, not on your PC.
And you aren't getting neither access to the server, nor the characterfiles.

The only thing you can do, is A) Behave on the server, so you don't get banned, and B) Use Ironcross Character Editor to recreate a SP characterfile with the same equipment as you have on the server.

Although in your case, if what you are saying will happen, does take place, such a character would be easy to recreate. It would just be a starflier with zero guns, zero credits, a sanction notification, and a permanent base in the Bastille.

A & L Guy
First - moderators do not have the power to do anything, only server administrators do.
Second - a point of honor for defending yourself does not require the use of gutter language. You want to make someone feel it, get Shakespearean on them. "Thou foul scum, thy breath is such that flowers instantly wilt upon it touching them, the sight of thy face is such that animals flee in terror from thy visage, thou bespoil the very dirt upon which thy stand and should instead be buried well beneath it, never to see the light of day again."
Sure beats the heck out of telling someone to eff off...
Third, make sure that you get a screen capture software program, such as Fraps. That way you can make a hotkey and take a quick .jpg file to include with any sanction reports you need to file, or also as evidence FOR you in a questionable encounter. We do actually impartially enforce the rules here, regardless of the comments about an admin conspiracy.
I've seen a lot of people write on this forum how they just can't help themselves and they will at some point resort to saying things they shouldn't. I don't think this could be more false. It's a good excuse to justify bad behavior, true. What's also true is that behavior is the result of habit. Habits can be changed. I have changed many in my life. When people post such excuses, not only for their past indiscretions, but also ones to come it shows that they are fully aware that their actions are wrong. In my opinion, that's just a lazy way of saying I know my actions are wrong and I simply have no interest in changing bad habits.
Don't worry, you'll learn the rules and how to follow them to a tee soon enough.

Just chill and ignore the douchebags, join a decent faction.

Sorry, can't help with the files though...

- [IND]Corolla