Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Just a question to the admins.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I realized before, then I had a wrong gun of my ship, you worked well, and made the sanction in hours. Well, I sent reports about players, who sweared, talked out of RP, attacked without shooting, used corsair ship with police ID, etc....but nothing happened since a week...

Maybe I post these reports to the wrong place, but I followed your instructions...so just a fast question...why nothing happened?

Thanks
There could be several reasons why your reports haven't lead to a sanction.
  • 1. You thought it was rulebreaking and handed in the report. Admins checked it and nobody was breaking any rules at all. - No action taken.

• 2. You edited your screenshots. - No actions taken.

• 3. You handed in too few screenshots. Admins need to get as much evidence as possible. Not enough evidence means: - No actions taken.

• 4. Your report did not make any sense at all. handing in a total mess without the template? - No action taken.
In most cases it is the first point.

That is the section in question: http://discoverygc.com/forums/index.php?showforum=50

Read the sticky posts at the top, use the Template and look up The Discovery Server Rules

Malexa
Did you read the fine print?

Quote:
1.3 Administrators are obliged:

- To ensure work of Discovery Freelancer server;
Work means make your friends happy and your enemies sad
- To be fair and treat all players equally, independent of their level and faction alignment;
All players equally, but some more equally than others
- Not to mix server roleplaying with server administration in any way;
Except by giving your own invite only faction more rights and better equipment.
- Not to ignore any cases of server rules violations that are reported.
Except reports written by people who dont have your skype contact, and reports reporting violations of people of whom you have the skype contact. Use the form of the report as an excuse to ignore those. If all fails, say "you could have edited the screenshot", and a "screenshotted confession to a violation by the accused means nothing".
-always keep in mind that no one will ever make you accountable for what you do or dont do anyway

Nah just kidding.
Keep asking them (publicly) till you get an answer.
If they criticize the format, post it again with changed format.
The most important thing is to never give up.
Eh, I say don't worry about it. . .

If someone points out something you did wrong, learn from it and move on . . .

If you made a report about a player and it didn't get noticed; don't worry about it . . .

Sooner or later, they will get caught up in their own mess . . You did your part. You tried talking to him about it, you made your report. Best thing to do is just move on . . .

I checked and found four reports by you in the last month. I won't be making a habit of it, but I'll explain what happened.

1) You reported someone for threatening you and swearing.
It was a roleplay threat. He called you a "bug".
No action was taken.

2) You reported someone for "shouting or etc", whatever that means.
The rules don't require that someone say "engaging". The rules do require roleplay before combat. Based on what you submitted your were lucky not to get punished for rules lawyering in system chat.

3) You reported someone who "killed my ship without any RP contact. (shouting, engaging, etc....)"
The rules don't require that someone say "engaging". The rules do require roleplay before combat. Based on what you submitted your were lucky not to get punished for rules lawyering in system chat.

4) You reported someone whose ship and ID mismatched.
The link to the image you posted didn't work.

I suggest you follow Malexa's advice.